Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Home page design
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

0800Flowers
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  14:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am trying to develop a site that sellings a variety of different items. For example, flowers, fruit baskets, home gifts, and spa treatments. Is it possible to have these options along the top of the home page (inplace of where "home, about, Products, features, contact us, and search" options are on the default page). I would like to have the categories listed above on top, and then for each item selected, there would be a different category listing on the left.

For example, if someone chose flowers, the next page would have category options down the left like, "romance, birthday, sympathy, surprise, etc", and if someone chose home gifts, the categories down the left side would be different, for example, "for him, for her, for the kitchen, for the bathroom, etc"

If anyone can give me some advice that would be great. I am new to programming so very simple explanations with examples would be great! Thank you to anyone offering help.

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  19:54:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can leave the options along the top, and create categories on the left and have sub categories for all the types of occasions. Works great.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00