Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Customized Product Display
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CierraRod
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  11:27:59  Show Profile  Visit CierraRod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greeting everyone,

I'm in need of a little assitance for customizing our Product display. In a nutshell, I'm really not doinging anything fancy, I'm basically using the same format as provided.

I know that VPASP uses 2 files for the overall layout of the pages, that being the shoppage_header.htm & shoppage_trailer.htm

Here's the issue I'm having and I can't seem to figure out why it's acting this way. I orginally made some custom drop-down boxes to insert into the left nav column to display products, categories, etc. I know these work, as these are displayed on the home page we have setup. The problem now is, if I try to add them to the headerfile, it pulls all the db data from the product display into the left navigation area, and totally screws up the page rendering. I've done some testing, and if I use generic dummy drop downs without the scripting code, it works fine. So for some reason it does not like it when I make a DB call in that area.

Does this make sense? Anyone have any suggestions?

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  13:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only thing that comes quickly to mind is that the layout has been disturbed. The usual problem is the software that is used to modify the header and trailer will sometimes remove the start of the table in the header and the ending part of the table in the footer. Look at the original files and compare them to yours and see if that might be what happened.

HTH
Go to Top of Page

CierraRod
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  14:50:11  Show Profile  Visit CierraRod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got what your saying..and admitidly, I'm not the best vbscripter in the world. But, I've looked over what I have and how things are setup using the <%Navigate%> functions but I'm still not having any luck. I agree it probably is a formatting problem, but I can't seem to find it.

Maybe someone with some experience could look at this code snippet and help me re-format it. At this point after all I've tried, it seems to me there has to be something in here throwing it off.

<% Set rs = db.Execute("SELECT distinct productmatch from products")			%>
		  <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> 
			  <form name="frmCollegeSchool">
              <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              <select name="menuSchool" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)" style="font-size:8pt">

<% Do While Not rs.EOF
				if rs("productmatch")<>"" then %>
                <option value="../shopquery.asp?catdescription=<%= rs("productmatch") %>"><%= rs("productmatch") %></option>
                <% end if
				rs.MoveNext %>
                <% Loop %>
              </select>
              </font></form>
			</font> 

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 24 2006 :  16:44:17  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cant you add another <tr><td width="whatever you want"><table>then your stuff in this table</table></td></tr>
Nested tables are pretty nice for maintaing integrity of layout
at about line 90 in the shoppage_header.htm file
<!--END OF SEARCH BOX-->
<!--START OF CATEGORY BOX-->

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: