Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Website Gone After 6.08 Patch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jraley
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  12:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BIG Problem...

Uploaded all the files/pages to my site. Now the site doesn't load into the browser. No site... No Admin... No nothing. The error I get is:

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0411)
Name redefined
/shop/shop$version.asp, line 2, column 6

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /Shop/default.asp

Time:
Thursday, April 20, 2006, 11:29:31 AM

PLEASE HELP with any ideas what I did wrong.

Thanks,

jraley

nwright77
VP-CART New User

Luxembourg
89 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  12:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there,

is this the error you get when you load just the url e.g www.mysite.com or what specific page do you open?

Name Redefined usually means that you have 1 or more areas (usually includes) that are defining or redefining a variable, each, causing a conflict.
Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  12:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My quick guess would be that whatever variable is defined on line 2, column 6 in the shop$version.asp file has been defined for a second time.

Perhaps you still have some of your old files there that have defined this variable in another place.
Go to Top of Page

jraley
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  13:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes... this is the error when trying to bring up the default.asp page for the site. the shop$version.asp code is 4 lines:

<%
const xvpaspversion = "6.08"
const xvpasppackage = "Value"
%>

The "6.08" is on line 2. I don't know what (or where) column 6 is to which the error is referring. Everything worked fine after I applied the vpasp600 security patch. I don't remember seeing the shop$version.asp file page in the previous patches (maybe I just missed it). Any ideas where I should look for this conflict?

Thanks,

jraley
Go to Top of Page

nwright77
VP-CART New User

Luxembourg
89 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  13:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This error is not the exact link:

Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0411)
Name redefined
/shop/shop$version.asp, line 2, column 6

it is just stating the variable

do you use dreamweaver? If you do or don't, open up your default.asp and then look at the top of the page. you will find includes files,

e.g. <!--include file="shop$db.asp"--> etc.

open up these files and look at the Dim sections

if you want you can send me your web link to my email address and I will have a look for you as i have had several like it.

I need to know what exactly the page says and i will have a better understanding
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  14:27:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

You need to open shop$config.asp and delete the entire version reference line as it has been moved to shop$version.asp.

Hope this helps.
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jraley
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  15:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello nwright77 and Cam:

Deleted the reference line in shop$config.asp as Cam suggested and it 'kinda' fixed the problem. I have my Admin pages back now and the Home page will come up now but everything got slammed to the left.

My 3-column formatting has been reduced to one column and everything is stacked up and a mess.

Take a look at www.ergonomicandsafetysupply.com/shop and you'll see what I mean.

'Quick Search, Categories, and Top Sellers' is suppose to be the left column;

Under 'Top Sellers' where it starts with 'Welcome to...' This is supposed to be the top of the center column;

Below that is the random product which is suppose to be the lower portion of the center column;

Everything below the 'Shopping Cart Items' heading is suppose to be the right column.

I look forward to your insights.

Thanks,

jraley
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  21:08:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks like you may have an extra table tag in there somehow. Are you using Dreamweaver when you make your changes?

If so you need to ensure you have Dreamweaver set to not fix unclosed table and cell tags as this will throw out your design.

If this is not the problem then please post this to our help desk and i will have a look for you.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nwright77
VP-CART New User

Luxembourg
89 Posts

Posted - April 21 2006 :  01:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have the original files shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm open them up and compare them to the modified files. you may want to have a look at your default, although there is only a few lines of code in it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00