Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Shop Error = Feature is Required
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 19 2006 :  23:25:37  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So when i require a feature to be selected via xfeaturesrequired - and in testing do NOT choose one i get a shop error Feature is Required for "my product" and this is cool.
but
I'm only using color options for features
so
I went to shop$language_english and on line 271 changed it to:

LangFeatureMissing="Please Choose a Color for "

but it still show up as "feature is required"

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  01:48:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dear Randy,

You have two methods for updating the language fields:

1. You can edit the language file (e.g. shop$language_english.asp) and then upload the file to your web hosting company. Then go to your administration page and use the Add Language feature.
VP-ASP will update or add records as required.

For more information, please look at the following help note:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=322

2. You can use your browser by selecting Edit Language from the language administration and modifying the appropriate field (for this case the langfeaturemissing field).
Once the field is updated, you will need to Reset the language variables by clicking on the Reset Language link and selecting the language to update.

You can refer to the below help note for details:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=321

We recommend using the second option of directly modifying the language variables in the admin.

Thank you.

Regards,
Enrico Venzon

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nwright77
VP-CART New User

Luxembourg
89 Posts

Posted - April 20 2006 :  02:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

My shopping cart does something similar to your cart in that I have one item, but many sizes. I found that when i put my xfeaturesrequired to yes, even if i only picked one item (say 3 small out of small, medium, large, x-large, etc.) and went to click the order button, it still came up with the error of 'feature required'.

Say you have 3 colours for one product, yellow, blue and red. The customer only wants 1 in the red and hits the order button. Does it still show up 'featured is required' or the alternative you have put 'Please Choose a Color for'?

Just a question because I had the same scenario and found that i had to put the xfeaturesrequired to NO to stop it happening
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00