Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Help Adding Features
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sam
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 13 2006 :  17:10:00  Show Profile  Visit Sam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are currently making some changes to our store and I need a little help getting something done.

Here is the scenario.

We are an on-demand publishing house with the cart set up to take orders from people who want to custom publish their book.

Four of our publishing packages offer options for two different types of templates for the cover - a color cover where the customer gets to choose the primary color and a photo cover where the customer gets to choose the photo.

Here is what I would like. Maybe I can do it.

I would like one of the fields to give the options in a dropdown: A) Color Cover, B) Photo Cover

If they choose A, I then want another field to show up which gives the customer their choice of color (including none). If they choose B, I then want another field to show up which gives the customer a space to put in a correlating number to a picture that they will select.

I DO NOT want both to appear on the page at the same time as this is an either/or thing.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Please help. We would like this to roll out by the end of next week.

Sam
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 13 2006 :  17:13:21  Show Profile  Visit Sam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh... and I do NOT want to set up multiple products as this is the ONLY difference and this is just one package with options and sub-options.
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 14 2006 :  09:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Sam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're all busy thinking about this, aren't you?
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 14 2006 :  14:22:30  Show Profile  Visit Sam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK... so we have made two packages to band-aid the situation for now.

I have been charged with finding a new shopping cart solution that can handle this simple feature so will begin looking at other company's packages right away.

It is unfortunate that we will be moving away from this package rather than getting out of it what we need as we did pay a lot of money for it.

Oh well...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to other shopping carts that contain this functionality? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 14 2006 :  16:32:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sam,

If you need a quick reply to a question you have the best place is to post it in our help desk where our support technicians can deal with it immediately. Our support team operates for 20 hours every day during the week and for 16 hours a day on weekends!

Unfortunately out of the box VP-ASP does not offer the ability to display new fields based on customers selection but something like this could certainly be custom coded for you.

We can either recommend a developer for you in your area or we would be happy to provide a quote for you.

If you can post a ticket in our help desk we will see how we can help:

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 14 2006 :  16:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Sam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So... it's possible... and I can have it added on to your program... for an additional charge. And, despite the feature request on your forums for more than 2 years, you guys have not even acknowledged that this is a good idea or that you have any intentions of incorporating it. I see.

I think that I will continue searching for an application that includes this obviously useful function rather than pay more money for something that is not meeting our needs.

Thanks, though.

Oh... and for the record... I did submit a support ticket but I apparently don't have the points (??) needed to get any help - regardless of what time it is. That is disappointing considering how much money we paid for your product.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 14 2006 :  16:59:24  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sam,

I am sorry you feel this way. VP-ASP is without doubt the most comprehensive solution available for the price. But we cannot unfortunately do everything out of the box.

VPASP is also one of the most highly customisable solutions due to its open source code nature so if it does not meet your needs there are many developers around the world who can assist with this functionality.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00