Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Customer Login as New
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  18:47:25  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This page http://mysite.com/shopping/shopcustadminlogin.asp
has this error on it:
unknown langlogin03
New customers can create an account so that you can shop faster in the future and keep track of orders you have made in the past.
the button says: unknown langcommonignup
---
The previous customer login is fine

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  18:49:32  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too noticed that error. I also found one when it checks to see if customer is tax exempt after customer enters their details.
Go to Top of Page

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  18:51:46  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tax exempt error is:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'
No value given for one or more required parameters.

/shoptax.asp, line 21

The langcommonsignup error is presumably a typo error in the update but not traced it yet.
Go to Top of Page

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  19:51:45  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
unknown langlogin03

Getting a little closer here. For starters, langlogin3 doesn't exist in the language files so that would explain that one. Possibly should be langlogin2. I'm not sure if these errors are in update 6.07 or 6.08 - probably the latter.

unknown langcommonsignup IS in the language files but for some reason isn't calling it. As for the shoptax error I'm getting - who knows. Me thinks an update 6.09 is needed - too much to fix here. I've drilled around but after two hours I've given up:)
Go to Top of Page

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  20:18:02  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update:

Shoptax error was cured by actually reading the readme file for update 6.08 - doh!

The login language errors remain though:)
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 08 2006 :  21:58:50  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Did you update the language variables with the new ones in the 6.08 patch?

-----------------------

12. Several new language variables have been included in this patch. In your shop administration pages, go to Occassional Tasks > International > Add Language

Follow the installation steps as per helpnote http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=318

But substitute the word Spanish as in the example, for English

You will then need to Reset Language and select English.

---------------------------------------

If this doesn't fix the problem, you should be able to manually add the language variables by following the instructions at:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=321

You will need to add:

langcommonsignup = Sign Up
langlogin03 = Start as New User

Thank you

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - April 08 2006 :  22:24:20  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The first method worked, Thanx
However.. don't forget there is a Reset Language deally :)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00