Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Database Import Error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  03:43:52  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I import a comma separated text file I get:

Importing - import/categories.txt

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: 'index'

/shopa_import.asp, line 140

What am I doing wrong?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  07:33:23  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think you're doing anything wrong; it looks like it's simply run out of array space
if you edit shopa_import.asp, try changing the instances of (200) to (2000)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  09:32:31  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Simon :)
Go to Top of Page

rory
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - February 14 2007 :  19:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting the same error. Either importing .txt (comma separated) or .csv

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: 'index'

/shopa_import.asp, line 143

I tried increasing (200) to (2000) as suggested elsewhere, and also tried the solution here:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=442&CATE=8

Any help appreciated. btw, I'm only importing 12 items
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 15 2007 :  03:08:05  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try viewing the import file in wordpad, as that'll (I think) show newline characters which I don't think notepad will (or vice-versa; I can't remember offhand) - if you see it spill-over to a separate line mid-record (either in notepad or wordpad) then that might be the problem.

otherwise it's probably a case of just adding some debug messages into the import to see what's going on with the fields/records as they get processed to see if you can spot anything strange.

if you're on sqlserver then it might be due to the dreaded microsoft record-size-restriction/bug, but that's another/long story!

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

rory
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - February 15 2007 :  20:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried opening in a text editor, and lines are definitely formatted correctly. For this test I only have 12 lines, and that's all I see in text editor. Support sent me an Excel macro to make sure it was correctly delimited.

Here's the latest: I discovered some commented debug logic in shopa_import.asp Round about line 525 in my file. Commenting out the db writes and printing out values, I found that my "expanded description" fields were breaking the script on commas. Not all commas caused problems, but some for some reason caused the script to break in the middle of the field. I've double and triple checked the .csv file, and these fields are definitely properly delimited with a " at either end and comma between fields.
As a quick fix, I did a search and replace of all commas with "@@". After that, the file imported perfectly. Then I can replace the @@ with commas manually in admin. But this method is not going to work when I have a couple hundred products to import.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 15 2007 :  20:20:13  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in that case, I'd say definitely save/import the file as a tab-separated file, see:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=442&CATE=8

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - February 16 2007 :  20:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon's freebee is well worth it, and has saved me countless headaches dealing with csv in descriptions and extended descriptions. TAB eliminates most of the issues found in everyday text.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00