Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 final email output (help needed)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

klynch_gdd
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - June 28 2002 :  16:23:35  Show Profile  Visit klynch_gdd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not a professional ASP programmer and I need a little help. I have read through the MASSIVE code and documentation and am officialy confused. I know that when the emails are sent that the [Add_OItems] is for displaying the items information that was purchased. I can see that shopfileio.asp referes to this and then referes to Handle_OItems which is in the same file.

I need to customize the output of [Add_OItems] to show as follows:

Quantity | ItemName | Allow User Text | Total

In other words I need to kill the Item Description and format the output of the sale line by line in a table and not one item taking up 4 lines.

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 21 2003 :  13:50:14  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Klynch

You may have alredy figured this out, bot for any one who has not, maduko was right!

And for all of you who will not hel unless paid..... I hope you never need a little guidance!

You will see the following in shopfileio.asp referes to this and then referes to Handle_OItems

'*******************************************************
' Template format order items
' expects myconn to be open as open connection
'********************************************************
Dim Isql, deliveryaddress, deliveryarray
dim orderid
Dim rsitems
Dim Dbc, recordid
Dim CR, itemname
recordid=parsearray(pidvalue)
If ucase(Getsess("emailformat"))="HTML" then
CR="<br>"

The CR="<br>" will be changed to CR="<TO>"

It is not a perfect fix. but it is better than what you have now. If I come up with mor, I will share.

Go to Top of Page

integ115
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - January 12 2004 :  17:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just told how to do this by vpasp support. in your email template file, replace [add_oitem] with [add_oitemstemplate]. then you can format tmp_oitems.txt.

Adam
[email protected]

Go to Top of Page

printas
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - May 17 2004 :  09:20:48  Show Profile  Visit printas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I don't think is as easy as replacing [add_oitem] with [add_oitemstemplate] in the tmp_customeremail.htm. I tried doing that and altering the tmp_oitems.txt, it still doesn't work they I wanted.

This is what Support says:

"The add_oitemstemplate was our concept of trying to give some control of the formtting without having to go into the ASP code.

It will never match the format of the printed invoice because we still have to do things in code (there is no way to do totals in the template)

So the only way to achieve extrenely fine tuning is to actually go in and write the ASP code that formats the informat exactly the way you want. The code is in shopfileio.asp"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00