Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Change Back to Old Way
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - April 04 2006 :  16:28:01  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The way you have to select categories/subcategories for products is very cumbersome and time consuming. The old way was much more quicker & efficient, especially when adding products to multiple categories. I would like to see you change it back to the old way.

Lisa

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 05 2006 :  01:12:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, although I'd like some way of switching it on/off between between the old+new way, eg maybe a link, like the "advanced" or "simple" mode links.
(so many different ways of doing it; poplists in the categories can be a real killer for some sites when they have tons of categories and make the edit-product pages take ages to load, whereas for others it's really useful)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 05 2006 :  03:21:24  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do actually have a basic add-on that allows you to view categories in the edit products page in the old fashion. It is very basic though.

The new method is a much better way of displaying categories and their sub catetgories as you can now view the actual parent categories and ensure you enter the product into the correct categories.

If you would like a copy of the old category file please post a request through our help desk and we will send it to you.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - April 07 2006 :  02:47:58  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Deleted and am sending my post directly to support.

Edited by - LisaGriff on April 07 2006 03:06:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00