Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Sub-products combined with features
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwalz
VP-CART New User

USA
82 Posts

Posted - March 22 2006 :  13:33:54  Show Profile  Visit bwalz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using sub-products and product features that are required. When I use sub-products the product feature is no longer required. Is it possible to have the product features required when using sub-products?

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  07:37:50  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found this post because that's exactly what I'm looking for: to use features with sub-products. Doesn't look as though it can be done though. What I want seems simple - example:

Product: Sweater
Each has a sub-product, cname=colour. I want to be able, for each sub-product, ie each colour, choose the size and quantity. But I'm only able to select quantity, as the size feature I set for the sub-product is not displayed.

So, is there a way to include features in sub-products?

thanks

David Heriot
Go to Top of Page

bwalz
VP-CART New User

USA
82 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  09:15:46  Show Profile  Visit bwalz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try using the tables selection for subproducts. I think that will allow you to have features for the child products. Let me know if this works.
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - November 12 2008 :  11:20:06  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the idea bwalz, almost works but not quite. I want to be able to display all on 1 page with just one order button. If I alter the product templates for the table format to add qty and feature, and add an order button to the main part of the template, doesn't work. (and actually the manual says you can't).

The ideal way I think would be to be able to add a feature to the quantity selection for sub-products. That would do it, but I can't see how to get that to work without a bit of code surgery to shopproductinventory.asp :(

rgds

DH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00