Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Bulk imports...which versions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gunner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  14:50:08  Show Profile  Visit Gunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have looked all over the site and searched the forums and I cant find out which vresions support bulk imports. I know the free version doesn't. Does the value pac?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  14:56:58  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Gunner,

Bulk importing requires either the VP-ASP Plus! or the VP-ASP Deluxe versions.

You can see the different features at:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspcompareversions.htm

Thank you
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Gunner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Gunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW, that was quick!

Thanks for the info, we are deciding between the Value Pac and Plus!
Go to Top of Page

Gunner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  15:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Gunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One more question, Does the import tool Import new items or just updates existing ones?

When I look at the compare chart all I could find was: "Bulk stock updates" and from some of the threads I found, it is unclear, I did find a thread that said it didn't and that someone had a work around and to email him for it but that was for version 5.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  15:30:20  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bulk importer is a very powerful maintenance tool that enables you to easily and more importanly quickly get data in and out of your database so your site is up to date.

On the compare versions page have a look at:

Importing Data into VP-ASP

Also in our help notes there is the following:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=65&cat=Importing+Data

The importing tool allows you to over write existing data and also add new data to rthe database very quickly and easily.

Thank you
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Gunner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  15:33:14  Show Profile  Visit Gunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool, just what I was looking for!

Thanks much!
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  15:41:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My pleasure!

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00