Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Where is the Navigation Styles Located?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rim911
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 06 2006 :  09:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Rim911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont like the cell spacing I am getting from <%NavigateShowCategoriesStyled%> is there a file that is being pulled from that i can edit? Also is there a support page with a list of "commands" like <%NavigateShowCategoriesStyled%> for example? That would be helpful

thanks

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  05:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah me too This is getting irritating, My navigation menu has been rearranged after installing 6.50 and no one seems to know how to fix it!?!?!
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  06:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like similiar issue to me ...... catagory text "wrapping" too early , likemthe margin setting are too big .i cant find the setting for this ...played a lot in CSS and shopnaviagtecatagories.asp and cant fin corect setting .......wish i knew what i was doing ..everythiung i want to do seems to take days to suss out ...very frustrating

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  07:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I not no CSS much either but slowly getting there. There is lot to learn. :-(

I find that I have more controll now over way things look which is good tho. Having fun playing with the layout. Think this version much better than before for Search NEgines as they like CSS based code i think.

Lot of people here like CSS so hopefully when I have question too, very soon i think, they might help?

If you guys maybe post link I look for you? Dont no if I can help with this tho now.

Maybe tho :-)

S.
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  03:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think its CSS related, rename your stylesheet folder and refresh the webpage, the menu doesnt change, its something different, some predefined class in an ASP page somewhere.......
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  04:24:48  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you do a ctl+f5 instead of a normal f5/refresh, that'll force the browser to pick up the new stylesheet. (same applies to javascript includes)

even clearing down your cache doesn't seem to force a refresh of the stylesheet, ctl+f5 (or renaming the file as per the above posting) is the only way to do it I think.

renaming the stylesheet file is a good idea if you're live, because it means that your customers won't need to do ctl+f5 to pick up the new one. but while you're testing/playing, you can use ctl+f5 to pick it up without renaming.

so, use ctl+f5 while you're playing/testing, and then when you're happy with it rename it as per the above posting so that your customers pick it up.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 27 2007 04:25:40
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  04:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice tip, I will keep it in mind, thanks.

Even so the layout of the menu does not change, the font changes but not the alignment, so it is not related to a CSS..... So the problem has yet to be solved.
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  06:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
theres some settings in shopproductsubs.asp

IE/ I had text wrapping too early for my liking in the navigation box ....... this solved it ( thanks to billy )

shopproductsubs.asp file, around line 1573 ..

Response.write "<table width='60%'>"

Modified to
Response.write "<table width='100%'>"

So it seems settings are ......... here .there and everywhere ......... PHEW !

Paul

Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  07:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/ctfgloc/menufaulty.jpg

My problem and nothing seems to work!?!

Where its calling those bullet points from I dont know and It just keeps aligning right!?!?

Blues sky's solution didnt work for me sadly :(
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  17:45:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bullet points are done implicitly I think by the <li> tags via the style sheets, but it depends on exactly where you're putting the html/asp code for the call in and what the outer html tables/td's have as their classes and ids.

To be honest, we've had a bit of a nightmare using the new styles on 6.5; I guess it's a personal preference; some people like having styles at a high level that automatically format everything, and others like being able to specify the individual chunks separately. (I personally fall into the latter category, but then again I've always been a "nitty-gritty" person rather than a "global" person when it comes to coding, and especially when it comes to styles).

The main problem is that the implicit styles seem to override explicit settings such as alignments and margins that you might want to use in specific chunks. But if you change the styles in the stylesheet it'll have a knock-on effect to lots of other areas.

This is kind of related to our recent upgrade that we released for the vpasp 6.5 version of our panel splitter, where we did (in the end) manage to work out how to stretch the site across the whole page while still managing to keep the left hand boxes in the right proportions/styles etc.

If it's any help, here's what we did to eliminate the implicit margins and fixed widths so that we could then specify the widths of the left-margin manually and code-up our own left-boxes etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VPASP V6.5 users:
The default stylesheet in VPASP V6.5 and above (stylesheets/shop.css) includes various fixed sizes and margins which need to be taken-out to allow the panel-splitter to function properly and for your site/content to be flexible. If using the VP-ASP 6.5 stylesheet, then you need to change the following:

1. (Container/Wrap Settings)

change from:

#container,#wrap {
width:760px; /* change value to adjust width */
text-align:left;
margin:5px auto;
font-size:12px;
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

change to:

#container,#wrap {
width:100%; /* change value to adjust width */
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

2. (Footer Settings)

change from:

#footer {
background:#E1E1E1;
padding-bottom:10px;
text-align:center;
color:#454545;
font-size:80%;
clear:both;
}

/* Alphabet listing */
#footer .alphabet {
background:#D7D7D7;
margin-bottom:10px;
padding:3px 10px;
font-size:90%;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

change to:

#footer {
background:#E1E1E1;
text-align:center;
color:#454545;
font-size:80%;
clear:both;
}

/* Alphabet listing */
#footer .alphabet {
background:#D7D7D7;
font-size:90%;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 27 2007 18:10:04
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 28 2007 :  03:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thing is I don't know where the code is being called from?! and with potentially hundred of thousands of lines of code to look through, I don't know where to start.

Thanks for the advise Simon but sadly changing the CSS as you suggested did not work.

This is the offending code:

<td background="images/menu/tabcartblue.jpg" class="style1"><div align="center"><%=getlang("langcommoncategories")%></div>
<div align="center"></div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><div align="left"><span class="style29"><span class="fl">
<%NavigateShowCategoriesstyled%>
</span></span></div></td>

Edited by - Adam_Hawkins on March 28 2007 03:56:23
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  10:54:26  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look in the css files, there are 2 files in 6.5 that control the cart. Search for the names in the class=_____ (i.e.; style29) part, that would be the css bit that is controlling that section.
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - April 13 2007 :  05:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right finally got the solution after lots of wading through forum posts and scouring the code :)

Open up shopproductsubs.asp

Find this chunk of code:

ccatcount=getsess("catcount")
categories=getsessa("categories")
%>
<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%">
<%
for i = 0 to catcount-1
mylink=categories(i)
%>
<tr valign='top'>
<td class=leftmenumain>