Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 default Postage for Domestic vs Intl buyers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - February 22 2006 :  22:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, does anyone know of a way to set a default postage method for domestic vs international buyers. I currently only have 2 methods - Regiestered mail for Domestic & AirMail for international. I would like the system be able to show one or the other depending on the country the buyer is from. Is there a way to do this?

Failing that, is there a way to set so that one comes up as the default rather than the other?

Thanks for looking & maybe helping ?

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 15 2006 :  07:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello anybody .. does anyone have any idea to solving this problem please? Pretty please?

Thanks,
Helena
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 15 2006 :  08:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have got more information now, but it still does not work.
From reading the user guides, it sounds like VPASP is suppoese to be able to automatically show different postage methods based on the country the buyer is from (i.e. from the country stated in their address).

It says to set xshippingbycountry = yes
(help notes: Yes tells VP-ASP that the country field is used when reading records in the shipmethods table. This allows you to use different shipping values in our supplied shipping calculation such as weightrange pricerange etc. The country other can be used instead of a country abbreviation in the shipmethods table when you do not want to have records for all countries.)

Then in the shipmethods table, I have set the shipping methods & cost for all non-Australian countries, so that the country field = other

Still this doesn't work. ... ie when an Australian buyer checkouts, they don't automatically see the shipping methods for Australians (as set up in the shipmethods table; similarly, other country buyers don't see the international (other) shipping methods as set out in the shipmethods table.

Any ideas?????
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 15 2006 :  15:00:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The way the shipping by country works is that you set up say 2 entries for "Express".

In one you set it for Australia and have the shipping value.

In the other you set it for "Other".

Both local and international customers will see "Express" but the price charged at the check out will be different.

You cannot have different shipping methods per country though as the cart cannot tell automatically where the customer is from until they select their location.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  00:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cam but alamak (which is Malaysian for OMG!) ... then there is no way it can do that if one is not offering the same postage types for domestic & for intl? Like I couldn't possibly be offering AirMail to Australians when I am in Australia. Hmmm .... plus VPASP should be able to tell which country some buyers are from as they are registered ... and all their shipping details are already in place when they go to order/reorder. So sorry ... I don't get it ....
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2006 :  19:53:54  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Currently all that country based shipping does is change the rates based on what country the customer is from.

Sorry but there is no inbuilt functionality to show different shipping methods based on the customers location. This type of feature would need to be custom coded.

Radek Rekas
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

microwil
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  23:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fb4u! I hv the same problem b4 but was fixed. Your case is as what VPASP explained, shipment table issue. Should set the table up like this:
MAIL Other $10
MAIL Australia $1
Got the point? The "Shipping Method" name needed to be the same. In this case, customers will see the name SHIPMENT METHOD = MAIL. The bad thing is you have no way to show australians "domestic" and non-australians "airmail". So you got to use some shipment method name in common to "domestic" and "airmail", like "MAIL", "STANDARD", ECONOMIC". Your shipement will then be country based.

What my problem now is I needed VPASP to able to change the Shipping Calculation based on country. Like if it is australia, change it to "quantity", and non-australia
to "pricerange". I guess it can't and I see some of the VPASP users are asking for this function too - seletable country->shipcalculation or shipcalculation->country(now).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00