Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 PayPal IPN result
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

nebbens
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 16 2006 :  14:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to integrate Paypal into a new VPASP shopping cart. I've got everything hooked up and am testing it with the Paypal sandbox. The problem I'm having is that while everything goes thru Paypal fine and gets written to the db fine, when the paypalipnresults.asp runs it sometimes states that the Paypal transaction failed. It's as if the callback hasn't finished updating the db yet because the cardtype and authorization are still null when the paypalipnresult file pulls the record from the db. But if you check the db after the transaction, it is there. And if you use the back button to go to the final (receipt) page on paypal and press continue again, it will work properly.
So, I'm wondering
-has anyone else ever experienced this?
-does this have something to do with using sandbox rather than the actual paypal?
-any ideas for a resolution?
It seems as though paypal is returning to the paypalipnresults.asp prior to calling the paypalcallback.asp. Although somewhat spuratic this mainly happens if I have a new browser/session and process an order.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

jeremy_burgess
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - February 22 2006 :  12:53:52  Show Profile  Visit jeremy_burgess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I have the same problem integrating Paypal IPN. It always (for me) comes back with transaction failed despite trying back button the continue again.

Confusingly I have changed the ASP code in the paypalipncallback.asp file to write out a debug message for me then response.end and it seems to ignore this altogether!?!

Would appreciate it if you email me on [email protected] when and if you find an answer.

Thanks,
Jes
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 25 2006 :  18:39:20  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You cannot unfortauntely use our IPN add-on with the PayPal sandbox.

You will need to test using a real account and then refund the order at the end.

Thank you
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - March 03 2006 :  00:34:07  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am having the same problem. I am not using the sandbox in PayPal but the real thing. When I complete a payment with a credit card and click on'Return to Merchant', it takes me to the right page but it states that the transaction failed, to try a different method. Even when I check PayPal and it has already processed the payment right.

At what point does PayPal update the cardtype field of the order?
Go to Top of Page

jeremy_burgess
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - June 17 2006 :  16:27:29  Show Profile  Visit jeremy_burgess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I meant to come back before now after finding the problem with this. From memory (several months ago so bear with me) Paypal returns a kind of transaction ID which VPASP then immediately checks back to Paypal in order to validate authenticity. This happens too quick and the part of paypal which validates the transaction doesn't yet have it on record.

The fix: I downloaded a small COM object called Dynu and inserted the following code immediately after the include file in paypalIPNresult.asp

<%
set mywait = server.createobject("Dynu.Wait")

' The below line will cause a wait of 5 seconds
mywait.Wait(5)

set mywait = nothing
%>

This has worked first time every time since.

Hope this helps someone.

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy_burgess

Hi there,

I have the same problem integrating Paypal IPN. It always (for me) comes back with transaction failed despite trying back button the continue again.

Confusingly I have changed the ASP code in the paypalipncallback.asp file to write out a debug message for me then response.end and it seems to ignore this altogether!?!

Would appreciate it if you email me on [email protected] when and if you find an answer.

Thanks,
Jes

Go to Top of Page

electro-tech
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - July 29 2006 :  22:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too suffered from that problem today. Here is a simple solution...

In paypalipnresult.asp, around line 39; change
sql="Select * from orders "

To;
sql="WAITFOR DELAY '00:00:06'; Select * from orders "

Adjust the delay for a reasonable time to let PayPal make the callback and your server to process it and update the database table before executing the query.
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - August 02 2006 :  07:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does that work on all database types or just SQL Server?
Go to Top of Page

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - September 14 2006 :  07:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Just wondering why you can't use IPN with the Sandox? If you change the URL's in the PayPalipnX.asp pages to the Sandbox URL and you add the IPN option to your business account that you create at the Sandbox, why wouldn't it work?

I'm going to start testing this and just was wondering why before I start and bang my head against a wall if it doesn't!

Thanks
John

quote:
Originally posted by support

You cannot unfortauntely use our IPN add-on with the PayPal sandbox.

You will need to test using a real account and then refund the order at the end.

Thank you
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

dododi
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  17:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used the DynuWait component and the solution provided by Jeremy and it works great (thanks Jeremy). I did however find that many webhosts will not install the component, even though it is quite simple.

I shifted a clients site across to my web host (www.quadrahosting.com) who has it already installed on many of its servers. They are well worth looking at if you have this problem or even if you are after a great web host. Great servers and support, with windows and unix servers in both the US and Australia. They also provide multi-domain hosting which is great for web designers like myself.
Go to Top of Page

jeremy_burgess
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - November 20 2006 :  03:44:44  Show Profile  Visit jeremy_burgess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks electro-tech for the SQL work around and dododi for the hosting details.

A word of warning... I have been using the Dynu.Wait successfully on a Win2003 server where I had access to install the component. About 2-3 weeks ago it seems a hotfix must have caused the following:

quote:

Server object error 'ASP 0196 : 80040154'

Cannot launch out of process component

/paypalipnresult.asp, line 3

Only InProc server components should be used. If you want to use LocalServer components, you must set the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents metabase setting. Please consult the help file for important considerations.

This turns out to be on the line invoking the Dynu.Wait component. I am going to look into it out of interest but will try electro's method until I fix it.

I use www.streamline.net for hosting in the UK. They don't have the component installed but I will ask - they seem fairly reasonable.

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

jeremy_burgess
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - November 20 2006 :  04:25:00  Show Profile  Visit jeremy_burgess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In answer to JubJub the
quote:
WAITFOR DELAY '00:00:06';
doesn't work on Access, only SQL server.

I have been looking through Google for an MS Access equivalent but no joy.

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

iconguy
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - December 22 2006 :  17:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The MSSQL fix supplied seems to work great...however I didn't really see the delay - it went directly to "shopthanks.asp". Has anyone been able to confirm that this code does exactly what is intended - give the ipn callback time to complete?
Go to Top of Page

jdkerr
Starting Member

Canada
43 Posts

Posted - February 15 2007 :  10:20:30  Show Profile  Visit jdkerr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wondering if there has been any update on a solution for MS Access?

John
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 18 2007 :  16:00:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear John,

The best solution we have come up with is the DynuWait option suggested by Jeremy above.

We have had many customers use this method to successfully solve this problem.

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jeremy_burgess
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - March 14 2007 :  08:13:27  Show Profile  Visit jeremy_burgess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been experiencing other 'user error' problems with the PayPal IPN. This is NOT a VPASP problem but some thinking here may help solve / work around it.

If a user chooses to pay using PayPal and the IPN the transaction is only successfully completed if the user follows the process all the way through and returns to the VPASP site. If they close the browser immediately after PayPal says thanks they the VPASP site does not process the order, does not send receipts and so orders can sit unseen in a half processed state.

Any thoughts? Anybody else seen this?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 14 2007 :  08:27:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New changes have been implemented into version 6.50 so you can "close" a paypal order and have the email generated to merchant and customer and other features such as stock control commenced.

There is a link in the order detail page.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)