Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Category Template
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - February 09 2006 :  10:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Does the new version come with the ability to have a different template for each category?

It is important to us to be able to change the meta tags for each category and this will require a seperate template for each.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - February 10 2006 :  11:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody????

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - February 11 2006 :  08:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark, I am trying to work that out myself .. for the same reasons .. the meta tags. Also I am trying to figure out how to have different & more specific title than just the category name. I will be watching this post as well ... :) Good luck
Go to Top of Page

uksports
Starting Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - February 15 2006 :  02:09:21  Show Profile  Visit uksports's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark, I did this for v5.5 but haven't had a chance to look at this on v6 yet as I've only just got it - if there is a reasonably easy way, I will let you know

Cheers

Chris
Go to Top of Page

fb4u
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - February 22 2006 :  11:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ... I thought I had found a solution ... but there are problems with the solution that I can't figure a way around ... or maybe it is a bug.

In the file shopheaders.asp there is a subroutine that allows us to change the dynamic title, description, & keywords.

The subroutine line is:
sub SetupdynamicCategory ( conn, categoryid)

and the default lines for the dynamic title, desc, & keywords are:
setsess "Dynamictitle",Removehtmlheaders(rs("catdescription"), "<br>")
setsess "Dynamicdescription",Removehtmlheaders(rs("catmemo"), "<br>")
setsess "Dynamickeywords",Removehtmlheaders(rs("catdescription"), "<br>")

You would think that one could replace any of those category-fields with any other field from the category table (since all the fields from the category table are retrieved:
sql="select * from categories where categoryid=" & categoryid)

... but not really & I don't know why.

For instance, I want my dynamic title & dynamic description to be catmemo and my dynamic keywords to be from some other field in the category table where I can enter my specific keywords for each category (e.g. catlanguage).

The problem is, even though we can use catmemo ... it can only be used once!!! But the funny thing is, the field catdescription can be used more than once. So if catmemo appears as the title, nothing will appear in description!! And it does not seem to be able to pull out the values from any other field (e.g. catlanguage)

Now if someone could PLEASE help solve this problem .. then this whole dynamic title/description/keywords can be handled. Anyone? Please?
Go to Top of Page

dwight
VP-CART New User

USA
143 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  20:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you had any luck with this
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  14:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmm,

I think we need to add an extra field to the category table, does anyone have a quick solution on how to add this?

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00