Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Storing credit card numbers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thomaslatiolais
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - January 31 2006 :  08:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

I would like to process orders manually.

I noticed 6.0 is, by default, deleting the credit card info.

How can I set the system to store this info in the orders table?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 02 2006 :  00:10:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We STRONGLY recommend never ever storing credit cards in your system.

The card numbers are entered when usoing the default shopcheckout.asp file but are automactially deleted when you process the order.

This is a very important security feature that it would be a good idea to leave in place.

Perhaps printing the order may be one alternative when it comes so you have a hard copy which yopu can shred when finished and safely have your database cleared still so even if a hacker does get in they would find nothing.

If you must remove it please go through the security check list to see what needs to be changed:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=811

A hack is merely an inconvenience if you do not store credit cards. A hack can mean the end of your business and the loss of a great deal of money if you do store cards.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

thomaslatiolais
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - February 06 2006 :  12:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I removed the secrurity check but it is still not showing the payment infomation.

Is there anything else I can do?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 06 2006 :  19:05:41  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have already processed the order then the card number is gone forever. For future orders please print the order so you have a record of the number and delete the card details immediately.

Thank you
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00