Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 using vpasp in existing html website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chandrika
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  03:00:08  Show Profile  Visit chandrika's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a webiste mainly html and vpasp version 6.

I really want to keep my existing website and would like to know if/how I can just add cetain shop cart features to my existing pages.

What code would I have to insert in the existing html if for example I wanted to display some random products in a table cell on the existing html webpage?

Is it even possible to do that?

chandrika
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  06:40:08  Show Profile  Visit chandrika's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been told to add the following code to the html if I want to display random products in the html page, which should be in the folder with all the shop files:

<!--#include file="shop$db.asp"-->
<!--#include file="shoprandomproducts.asp"-->
<!--#include file="shopfileio.asp"-->
<%InitializeSystem%>

<%Displayrandomproducts%>

However I have inserted this directly into a table in my html page and all that is displayed in the browser is <%InitializeSystem%><%Displayrandomproducts%>

the products are not showing, the code deosnt seem to be executing.

Is it that I have to put some of the code I was told to put in the header section or something, or should inserting that code as it is directly i an html page display the random products?

Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  07:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<%InitializeSystem%>

Those need to be in an .asp page. If you put them in a .html or .htm page they just display as text..
Go to Top of Page

chandrika
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  08:01:14  Show Profile  Visit chandrika's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes that is what is happening.

Is there anyway to display random products in an html page using the vpasp script. I know you can with php insert dynamic content into an html page, like when displaying rss feeds for example.

I just wanted to display random products in a table cell on a plain html page.
Go to Top of Page

chandrika
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  16:20:13  Show Profile  Visit chandrika's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vodka

<%InitializeSystem%>

Those need to be in an .asp page. If you put them in a .html or .htm page they just display as text..

Thanks, yes I have just tried and that works.

However my webhost has told me that they can also add some line to the ht access files that makes the html pages be parsed as asp, which means that I will be able to put the code in an html page , not tested it yet but hoping that will be the case. It works with php so i dont see why not with asp.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00