Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding special product to front page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poldy
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - January 12 2006 :  02:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I need some help with this.
I am hapy with the random products on the front page, but would like
to add 1 or 2 products, which can be change regularly and will always display on the front page in addition to the random products.

is this poddible? And if - How ?

Poldy

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 12 2006 :  05:16:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you might find our show-case-products addon useful, which is a kind of enhanced version of the frontpage stuff and where you can have lots of different "chunks" of product-sets displayed in different formats/pages etc:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

that'd allow you to show 2 sets of products on the home page, ie your normal random set, and then above/below that your specific 2 products.

If you want to include your specific 2 products in the same html table as the random products then that'd be a fair bit more complex/awkward.

It depends on how many products per row you use. If you use 2 products per row then you could display them as separate html-tables/chunks and just have one immediately below the other by using our addon. But to display them inside the same table I think you'd need to delve into the asp code and manually add extra bits of logic to deal with the 2 specific products.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 12 2006 05:31:31
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000