Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Another Category Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - January 04 2006 :  10:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

In the old versios we could add products to more than one sub category

I can't seem to see this in Ver 6

Please Advise

Cheers

Alan

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 04 2006 :  14:24:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Products can be in multiple categories in version 6.00.

We have changed the way the category structure works to make it easier to locate what category you should be selecting in version 6.00 so instead of adding a product to multiple categories in one go you now add them individually and in one location rather than 2.

Thank you
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - January 04 2006 :  15:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

So to add a product to two categories I need to add the product twice?

Please advise

Cheers

Alan
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 04 2006 :  15:49:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, you can add the one product to multiple categories.

Just keep selecting from the category drop down in the product record a new category and press add and they will list below.

This is an improvement on the old method where you could easily lose all of the categories a product was located in when using the ctrl and click method.

Thank you
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - January 05 2006 :  07:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

Yes, that a lot better

Might be worth editing the instructions to say you need to add a category before you can add more though. Or am I just thicker than the rest of us

That said, I also now get a new error when I display products

ie

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'
Variable is undefined: 'InventoryProductYesNo'

/postbag/shopdisplayproducts.asp, line 165 on categories with products

Cheers Again

Alan

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 05 2006 :  14:16:30  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Alan,

It would appear that you shopproductinventory.asp file may have become corrupted.

Can you please upload a fresh copy of this file from your vpasp.zip file to your site.

If this does not solve the problem then please send an email to http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp and we will mail you a new copy of the file.

Radek Rekas
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - January 07 2006 :  15:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers Radek

All fixed

Best Regards

Alan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00