Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 THings I would like to see added to 6.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - December 14 2005 :  14:10:00  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote

1. Log in to admin by IP address (eliminates the hassle of the constant admin login)
We have this for ver 4.5 and it works very well.

2. Edit on the fly for products and categories.
We also have this on 4.5 and it works very very well.

How abot it Cam? Can we get these as part of the standard package?

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - December 15 2005 :  07:13:26  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One teensy thing that would have helped. A direct link to this excellent forum under help on the Admin Home page. Love the new design!
Go to Top of Page

portion
VP-CART New User

86 Posts

Posted - December 15 2005 :  12:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
2. Edit on the fly for products and categories.

AJAX!
Go to Top of Page

portion
VP-CART New User

86 Posts

Posted - December 15 2005 :  12:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Defining Ajax

Ajax isn’t a technology. It’s really several technologies, each flourishing in its own right, coming together in powerful new ways. Ajax incorporates:

* standards-based presentation using XHTML and CSS;
* dynamic display and interaction using the Document Object Model;
* data interchange and manipulation using XML and XSLT;
* asynchronous data retrieval using XMLHttpRequest;
* and JavaScript binding everything together.

It basically allows you to edit a webpage on the fly without refreshing anything.
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - December 16 2005 :  14:11:17  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not exactly what I was talking about. On 4.5 I was able to modify it so when you have an administrator IP# on your computer and you go to one of our sites, you get edit buttons next to all the products on display products or on shopexd. When you click edit, it pulls up the product record for that product allowing for and edit on the fly. it is a great feature we use everyday. I also did the same thing on categories. You also get an edit button on all cateogries that when you click pulls up the category record and allows for easy edits or additions.

For instance., Say I want to add a new product. I go the the category I want to put it in on the website, I click edit on one of the products already listed. I change the stuff that needs to be changed and click add. It adds the product to the existing category and what ever other categories might have been assigned the the old product. (same for categories) So we eliminated the need to login to admin, pull up the products database, search for the product and then edit... now we simply hit edit. The log in by IP eliminates the need for that constant an anoying login to admin. Now a client calls, we go the the page they are on and can add product, fix typos and do all the stuff we need to do with one click. I am sure all of you with large carts will really love the mod too.... Now we just have to get Mr. Cam to release it for version 6 so I dont have to do the mods again.
Go to Top of Page

portion
VP-CART New User

86 Posts

Posted - December 18 2005 :  09:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That does sound great, maybe we can get together and code this, how were you doing this in 5.5?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00