Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 dynamic continue shopping from pre-existing site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmill89
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - December 06 2005 :  12:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Don't know if you guys already know or not, but dynamic continue shopping doesn't work from a pre-existing website. At our company we already have a unique store front designed, we just wanted to add a shopping cart and a backend for management, no generated catalogue.

The reason it doesn't work is because when shopaddtocart.asp calls itself, it checks to see if the http_referer is shoppaddtocart.asp and then will preserve the previous url if it is. The problem comes in when you are adding to the cart from a pre-existing website your referer ulr looks something like this ...shopaddtocart.asp?productid=41&quantity=1, in this case it will change continueurl to that value. The effect being that clicking on continue shopping will do nothing but cause that item to be added to the cart again.

The solution that I found for this was to add these two lines of code, before pagefrom is checked to see if it is shopaddtocart.asp:

modurl=split(pagefrom,"?")
pagefrom=modurl(0)

This seperates the url into two sections, one before the question mark and one after. Then it just assigns the value of the one before the question mark to pagefrom. This way dynamic continue shopping works from either a pre-existing html page when you have to put the productid and quantity in the url, or from the dynamic storefront.

If you guys were already aware of this, but just haven't added it yet, excuse me.

The software is excellent and my company will be purchasing it as soon as we are done configuring and testing the demo.

Also, is it possible to purchase a version of the software without the storefront or any website building features, we already have a huge static site, just need the cart.

Thanks
Jason

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - December 06 2005 :  22:43:49  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you need to use shopaddtocartnodb.asp

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00