VP-ASP New User
Posted - November 26 2005 : 22:29:04
| Hi there:
PLEASE MAKE YOUR YOUR WEB HOSTING provider has setup all your files in your site to "write access disable", this will avoid someone writing/adding/uploading maliciuos files to your web site using scripts.
For 7 years I was able to avoid this kind of trouble. However never tought that my web site provider did not setup this option when their server was upgraded, so withouth knowing why, i was hit. 3 files where uploaded to my web site with malicious code, replacing the original ones:
- another one addes shopa_info.asp (not vpasp file)
Once they where there these files where able to access/send info to hacker.
Please follow this as a must procedure.
- write access disable for your files in web site.
- Ask your your provider to enable ftp log for tracing
- change your ftp user name password often
- change your sql server password often
- change your admin passwords often
- use https (ssl) for your admin files
- change the name of your admin access files
- FOLLOW SECURITY UPDATES IN Vpasp site.
Hacker uses an email from gmail.com (google provided info to FBI), calls himself Nuyen and is already being trace by FBI, he is not gonna last, watch!
Wish you the best.