Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Possible to preproducts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knutso
Starting Member

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - November 22 2005 :  02:25:56  Show Profile  Visit knutso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to do prechoises of some of the products in VPASP - not all? When the screen with products comes up the customer has to mark in the select box for all products. This is not the best solution for me.

I have seen that there is an option in the config of products - xproductselect - setting this to "no" makes the select boxes not appear at all. When the customer make an order on my shop - 4 products comes up on the screen. I really wanted one of them to be preselected so that the customer got that product with every order. If he wanted one or more of the other 3 products he had to select them, but not what I call the main product.

Anyone?

knutso
Starting Member

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - November 22 2005 :  02:57:20  Show Profile  Visit knutso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually the closest solution I have found is to set the xproductselect to "no". But the problem is that I have to press the order-button for every product. So the customer has to first press the order button for the first product, then go back and press the order button for the second and so on, avtually do it 4 times on my shop. Can this be a good way of doing things?

Go to Top of Page

hk777
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - November 22 2005 :  03:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VP-ASP has a facility called dependent products.

You can add the dependent product to each of your other products. If the person does not order that dependent product (your main product), they will be prompted to order it before they can checkout.

You can continue to use check boxes or order buttons. Which is better for your shop.

HK

Go to Top of Page

knutso
Starting Member

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - November 22 2005 :  06:17:29  Show Profile  Visit knutso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks a lot!. That could be the solution to my problem. Right now I get an error on trying it. I might have changed something in the code causing the error. It is like this ( in Norwegian) :

http://www.bki.no/ferjer/shoperror.asp?msg=Tilleggsprodukter+kreves+kj%F8pt%3Cbr%3E%3Ca+HREF%3Dshopdependentdisplay%2Easp%3ESe%3C%2Fa%3E%3Cbr%3E

Go to Top of Page

knutso
Starting Member

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - November 23 2005 :  15:21:09  Show Profile  Visit knutso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I work hard to get the dependent products to function. I got this error, when I cheque out on the main product:

http://www.bki.no/ferjer/shoperror.asp?msg=Additional+products+are+required+to+be+purchased%3Cbr%3E%3Ca+HREF%3Dshopdependentdisplay%2Easp%3EView%3C%2Fa%3E%3Cbr%3E

..this is written in the url adress line of the browser.

..it seems like it starts to send out a shoperror before it writes the url to the additional products on the browser screen.
.anyone who has experienced the same?

should not be so difficult to fix however...

Go to Top of Page

knutso
Starting Member

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - November 24 2005 :  06:39:37  Show Profile  Visit knutso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I fixed it by modifying the shoperror.asp. Then it writes some write.response lines from the file to the screen rather than a line in the url address line of the browser.

..you really have to know asp to use this system...

..the dependent products feature was really a winner by the way..

Edited by - knutso on November 24 2005 06:41:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00