Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Field SIZE problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  09:02:43  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm running on a microsoft server with MYSQL for the database, and using VP-ASP version 5.5
Here's my problem:
After I generate a detailed STOCK LOW report, I click on the item that I'd like to update (put back in stock)
and the screen that I'm given with the product details has a very uniform field size for all of the information.
My problem is that on fields like extendeddesc I tend to use the <br> command and once that's used it no longer displays anything past that point. Same goes with the cdescription field.

I'd like very much to be able to use the STOCK LOW report to EASILY put product back into inventory, but updating from that page causes me to LOSE all of that information I originally put in past the <br> commands.

Anyone know a way to correct this problem?

thanks

--John Robinson
wwww.grahamcrackers.com

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  13:30:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it'd be because the fields are text fields rather than text-areas. Anything which can potentially have html tags in it should be a text-area.

also, watch out if you use select-distinct as in some databases/versions it'll only select the first 200 characters or so, although I think that might just be an access thing and probably not mysql.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on November 14 2005 13:31:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000