Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 abandoned carts ...cool idea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - November 11 2005 :  15:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I am sure like me you have many abandoned carts , today TEN , people going to all the trouble of entering their email address and home addresses and then abandoning the cart ... from my investigations theres alway a myriad of reasons .
I try and follow up abandoned carts with an email saying blah blah and offering offline purchase methods and also discount code they customer can use if they complete purchase online ...lets face it folks every pounds a prisoner and getting those clients to atually completee the purhcase is important .

A cool feature would be a BUTTON in the orders admin which you could send an automatic email with one click or even an automatic system that emails client after 48 hours etc . I am sure this would be a killer app people would pay for if it doesnt already exst ...BYZ get your act together ..people will pay for this ..as it will pay for itself in weeks if not days

Anybody up for sharing code if its already done ..if not this is perfect time of year for following up those abandoned carts so get to work folks i find out of about every 5/6/7 carts I follow up manually it converts to order

PAUL

searley
VP-CART New User

169 Posts

Posted - November 12 2005 :  05:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did this a couple of yours ago, by adding another tick box the same as the 'proccessed' one on the display orders page

and a few extra buttons, it is possible to mark an order as incomplete, this hides it from the display orders page, and emails the customer using a template saying whatever you like

the mods are not too difficult

Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  12:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still on the hunt for this code , I am a cut and paste webbie so cant program myself . Need to either buy code and integrate with step by step instructions or use code people have kindly shared.

Big yellow zone was talking of coding this at some point but nothing turned up on website after 10 months so i am still on the hunt if anyone has any advice , poinetrs , code

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  18:38:08  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This isn't an automated solution, but it's a solution I recommend to my clients new to the whole concept of setting up a "process" for taking web orders.

I highly push the idea of a structured "pending" field. So I always enable that field and change the values to stages of the order. It's not always the same because different companies have different requirements.

For example, one shop's values may be this.

1-verify order
2-waiting for payment
3-waiting to ship
4-add to mailing list
8-cancelled order
9-payment never recd

And for your requirement, set those cancelled or abandoned orders to #8. Then you have numerous options. Use VPASP cart to pull just those orders for an email to send, or export just those orders to use some other follow up method. NOTE: I like to use the numbers at the beginning as it makes it easier to run queries.

As always, I'm open to suggestions to improve on this or alternatives. Hope this helps in your specific circumstance.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Drew
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  00:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't suggest making it automatic because I've had people who don't complete the order and then come back and place a complete order with same info, just completing it. Wouldn't want to send emails to those people.
Go to Top of Page

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - November 21 2006 :  12:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you guys still interested in this? I've been thinking about doing the automated version for some time but I'd have to pay my developer to create it. What do you think would be a fair price to sell it for to get back my costs? I think we'll make it auto send a mail from a template after 48 hours of the unfinished order being placed if the customer has not returned to complete it in that time. It could ref the customer id or ip to see if the customer had placed the order again. Any other thoughts?
Other add-ons we've already completed are a shipping add on that asks the customer for the ship to country on the main cart page then auto displays the shipping options for that country/state then adds a shipping row and totals the order so the customer can see what the order costs in total without having to hit checkout. Its increased our sales already and completely stopped all the emails we used to get asking how much shipping was to a specific country. Looks a lot better too.
We haven't put this out yet either but will package it and put a price on it asap.
We're currently developing a helpdesk style page to better display and keep track of tracking messages to and from customers so you can reply to tracking messages from orders that have yet to be shipped without emailing them from outlook or what ever you use or going into the order to do it.
We also have one that instead of displaying random products on your home page from every product in the database will randomly display from a group you select such as special offer products, products you make the most profits on or your top sellers.
We've a few more too but i can't think of them at the moment. Let me know if anyone would be interested in any of these. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - July 02 2007 :  13:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I beleive integrating a - one page express checkout - which includes all relevant info in single page would help with the dropped carts issue
Go to Top of Page

MarkPavlich
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - July 06 2007 :  00:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dunpeal

I beleive integrating a - one page express checkout - which includes all relevant info in single page would help with the dropped carts issue

----------

I agree completely!
- Mark
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - July 09 2007 :  03:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too.

Steve
www.clixgalore.co.uk/AffSelectProgram.aspx?AdvProgID=7911
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 09 2007 :  05:12:19  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we did an all-in-one checkout page the other day (ie customer, shipping, payment; all in one screen), but it had to be a totally customised solution rather than an off-the-shelf generic thing, because the payment logic/methods and the shipping will be different depending on what the merchant is after.
It'd be great to have a generic all-in-one page, but I can't think of a simple/cost-effective way of achieving it, mostly because the 3rd party shipping addons and gateway integrations are meshed into actual screens rather than properly modular, so you can't simply include them all and then call the relevant functions to setup the values and do the validation/processing etc.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - July 10 2007 :  08:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,

From what you are saying the idea of a one page checkout is possible then?

On our site at the moment there are 4 stages -

1 - Customer logs in or enters their details (shopcustomer.asp).
2 - They then get to review the cart (shopcreateorder.asp).
3 - They then prepare to go to Nochex (nochexshopcheckout.asp).
4 - Actually at Nochex they then enter their details.

What I would like is for stages 1 - 3 to be combined on one page, the customer then goes straight to Nochex and enters their card details.

Is this possible? If it is I am definitely willing to pay for the work to be done.

Thanks

Steve
www.clixgalore.co.uk/AffSelectProgram.aspx?AdvProgID=7911
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 10 2007 :  11:03:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's definitely possible; just depends on how much time/money you want to spend on it.
Actually, all 4 stages can be combined into a single page, by using iframes etc; all depends on how far you want to go.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)