Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Product Lock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - November 11 2005 :  10:07:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've suggested this before, hoping that the programming folks (or maybe Simon?) could add this feature:

I need a product lock.

Once a product within a category is "perfect," in terms of name, description, extended description, price, etc., there should be a "product lock" feature.

For those of us that use databases and database updates (especially the updates!) provided by manufacturers - or in my case, publishers - the problem is that a database update will overwrite previous work (like changing back the description) done on the product. I receive these updates from publishers with 10,000 products for example, and they often contain items (ccode) that have not been changed from previous updates. Using Bulk Import, I end up over-writing products with the original (too brief, too simplistic) publisher's product hype, whereas I use my own descriptions. If a product within a category could have a "lock" on it to prevent it from being changed in any way, that would be very helpful.

Hope I explained the above well enough for it to make sense.

Edited by - rvaga on November 11 2005 10:07:54

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 14 2005 :  21:39:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

A mod we have just created for anpothjer customer is an import tool that ignores products with existing ccode listings in the database.

So if you have 5000 products in your database and you have a import file with 10,000 items of which 5,000 are those already in your sytem it will ignore those 5,000 and only add the new.

Feel free to contact us in the help desk for more info on this:

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/

Thank you
VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00