New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thardin
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - November 01 2005 :  07:36:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DISREGARD post. (except what's the correct way to count lines in "asp"? do blank spaces count? are lines beginning with ' ignored?

When I try to import my old customers table into version 5.5, I receive error message:

Provider error '80020005'
Type mismatch.
/store/shopa_import.asp, line 339

Any ideas what causes this? My site runs on Windows 2003 server.

I have very little knowledge of asp. Such as counting to line 339 (do I count all lines that do not begin with " '"? Are blank lines counted as well?

I'm testing with just 10 names in my ";" delimited .txt file and no luck. Would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Thx...

Edited by - thardin on November 01 2005 10:10:25

greatphoto
VP-ASP Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - November 01 2005 :  19:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For an error like this, all lines count including blank lines and ' comments.

Use a text editor that counts the lines for you, and lets you jump to a specific line. You don't want to have to count lines manually. The editor I use (gvim) is not good for the general public as it is very hard to use, so perhaps someone will post here what they use that will take you to a certain line number. There should be some good free ones available. You could do a quick web search.

There is a listing here, but I can't vouch for it: http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/editors.shtml

Go to Top of Page

thardin
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - November 02 2005 :  07:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks!!!
quote:

For an error like this, all lines count including blank lines and ' comments.

Use a text editor that counts the lines for you, and lets you jump to a specific line. You don't want to have to count lines manually. The editor I use (gvim) is not good for the general public as it is very hard to use, so perhaps someone will post here what they use that will take you to a certain line number. There should be some good free ones available. You could do a quick web search.

There is a listing here, but I can't vouch for it: http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/editors.shtml

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000