Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Fix Package for VP-ASP 5.50 November 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - October 31 2005 :  03:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anoyone tell me what this add-on is? When you click the link for more info you only get info re shipping packages.

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - October 31 2005 :  06:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sharon-

The short answer is: we don't know.

This is supposed to contain bug fixes. It was a GREAT service to us when they created it just over a year ago, but it has not been maintained as it should be. "November 2" was November 2 of 2004. Probably your best bet is to just download it and read the readme to see if it explains the contents. However, there is very sparse documentation on bugs and fixes in general.

You can get some clues as to the original contents at the bottom of this page: http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_vpasp550issues.htm but unfortunately, this page hasn't been kept up to date either.

One of the fixes in the patch is discussed here: http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3358 but I don't know the current status.

There is a possibility that support keeps updating the "November 2" patch and just hasn't changed the date. The standard technique for releasing new software patches is to release a separate one each time so that they are culmative. That way, you know exactly what each patch contains and you know when they need to be applied.

There have been known bugs found since last November that have not been added to the bug listing nor visibly updated in the patch. Its possible some of the fixes have been added to the patch, but there's no clean way to know this.

The solution to this is for support to add all bugs found to the bug listing and to release a new patch each time. Documentation must be provided to show which prior patches are required to be installed before a new one is installed. I.E. "Patches 1, 3, and 4 are required before Patch 9" This is standard in the industry. I have made this request many times to Support.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00