Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VP-ASP.. what a waste of $300
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 16 2007 :  00:27:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

This may make you a bit happier.

For version 650 we will be offering both an online help guide which will hold online tutorials and tips and tricks AND a new set of PDF help guides for customers that will cover not only functionality but also design formatting.

Version 650 has been built using much more CSS than previous versions and the guides will break down what does what.

Hope this is as great news to everyone as we think it will be!!

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - February 16 2007 :  20:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not good enough.

I want you to come to my home, do all my insane customizations for free, fix everything that I manage to screw up
. . . and then buy lunch.

Now THAT would be special!

Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - February 18 2007 :  11:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Why can't we just install it and have it be exactly what we want it to be and look like ? Better yet it it should just send me a check everymonth for not doing anything. Now that would be a real upgrade.
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 18 2007 :  20:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by saki

I agree. Why can't we just install it and have it be exactly what we want it to be and look like ? Better yet it it should just send me a check everymonth for not doing anything. Now that would be a real upgrade.

you can modify them to be exactly what you want. but if you want it to look like exactly what you want it to be without modifying then you should get a programmer to build it from scratch and they surely will charge you more than $300
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - February 18 2007 :  21:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um, I think Saki may have been joking?

S.
Go to Top of Page

webboy
VP-CART New User

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  00:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to ask a small question in regards to the new version.

Has all the elements on the page been seperated so that one could easily change the css without breaking the site especially that shop$colors.asp truly annoying.

Other than that this version must represent a true seperation of content from stylesheets.

I hope this version is the one i'm waiting for.

Besides what's the upgrade process like....does one just have to thinker with the css??

either which way keep up the good work.

Built for the future
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  00:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by webboy

Has all the elements on the page been seperated so that one could easily change the css without breaking the site especially that shop$colors.asp truly annoying.

I can't answer regarding the new version, but I can agree that this is one of my very few concerns with VPASP.

Rocksalt has made VPASP more CSS compliant since taking control, but it's still not 100% (shop$colors.asp being a frustrating example).

Looking at the CSS used for the new VPSAP website launched today, I would expect that if not fully compliant in version 6.5, they are working towards it for version 7.

Or at least I hope what they are doing :)

Edited by - Peter on March 05 2007 00:15:33
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  20:31:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

That is certainly the direction are heading towards.

The new version makes far more use of CSS than ever before!

We still have the shop$colors.asp file as it does allow the re-use of a lot of code however the formatting withn shop$colors.asp now uses CSS much more in regards to layout so you have much more control over your site.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)