Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VP-ASP.. what a waste of $300
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mdpenterprises
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - October 24 2005 :  15:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey,

I spent forever trying to find a shopping cart that looked as if it had all of the features I desired. I decided that VP-ASP would be the solution for me, but as always I turned out to be wrong.

One of the major features I was interested in was ensuring that the software had "real-time shipping calculation" for UPS. I e-mailed support and they ensured me that this product did, in fact, have "real-time shipping calculation" for UPS in the form of a free add-on. Now that I have blown $300 I find out that this "add-on" simply pulls info from a static database and is certainly not the "real-time shipping calculation" I was expecting. How Friggin hard would it have been to register an account with UPS, get the API needed to program real time shipping and do it right? If your website states "real-time shipping" then it should farking have it!!!!

Your company needs to change this to read "database driven shipping lookup" instead of "real-time" shipping. This is misleading customers and your pre-sales team has no farking clue what they are talking about.

Besides this little problem if you actually open up the files and look at the code it looks like a 3rd grader wrote the code. The code is not well formatted, it does not use comments very often, variable names are hard to read/understand with no variable formatting scheme in mind, and to boot the default SQL driver being used is the worse performing driver out of any of the choices.

I just wasted $300

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  08:46:59  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh.... so you dont sound like a complete idiot..... try upsREALTIME add on which indeed does realtime ups. It is what I use and it was given to me by the great folks at VP-asp.

Funny though, you looked "forever" and couldnt find what you wanted.
The good thing about this software besides only being 300 bucks, is that you can make it ANYTHING you want it to be. I looked at all kinds of carts and this one is the only one that me as an amature could modify into what I needed it to be. There is no better and the price is extremely cheap for what you get.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  11:11:45  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there are an awful lot of addons which you can get for vpasp, a lot of them being free and available upon request from vpasp, and others being ones which people like us have done which are for sale, and others being ones which aren't officially for sale but which people have in their personal library.

always worth posting on the forum a friendly post as there's usually someone on here who'll have the relevant code that you're after, or as per this one a pointer towards the vpasp addon that's available.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  16:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think UPS realtime has been temporarily discontinued. I thought I read this somewhere in a previous post. If you send an email to support I'm sure they would fill you in on the details about when it's expected to be available again.

Go to Top of Page

natlus
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - October 25 2005 :  21:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no better cart out there period! If you can't find a feature then do a customization. Instead of criticizing try offering suggestions for improvement. That goes for anything in life.

I love vpasp!
Go to Top of Page

SqMosaics
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - October 26 2005 :  16:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I read this subject, I felt a little bit heartbreak. I decided to spend time registering and say something here though I am so busy at this time.

I have been very grateful for the support from the VP-ASP support team for the past couple of months while building up our web site. This is the best support that I have ever experienced on the software industry. They answer every question timely within hours or just minutes. They answer any questions professionally and save me a lot of time! I believe what I have got from VP-ASP worth much more than my trivial $425.

This shopping cart to me is the most comprehensive, flexible and easy to integrate with. I had been testing other shopping carts which I found that they were harder to integrate, less flexibility. My friend recommended this to me and guaranteed I would be satisfied. I do indeed.

One thing need to point out is you need to read the document first and get to know how to take advantage of all the features. It takes time. Once you finger it out, it saves you time and can fulfill your business need. I also modified some of the source code, to me it is well written and easy to trace and read though I was not familiar with .ASP code before.

Specifically to the shipping method, I purchased the fedex realtime shipping calculation from VP-ASP for $40. And it is pretty easy to integrate as long as you have a fedex account.

One member here always includes his words with his reply "I love VP-ASP developers". Me, too! I love VP-ASP developers and the support team! I would recommend VP-ASP shopping cart to anyone as my friend recommended to me. I never feel like to endorse a product or seller like I would do for this one.

Amy
www.SqMosaics.com

Edited by - SqMosaics on October 26 2005 16:23:30

Edited by - SqMosaics on October 26 2005 16:42:31
Go to Top of Page

mdpenterprises
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - October 26 2005 :  16:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

oh.... so you dont sound like a complete idiot..... try upsREALTIME add on which indeed does realtime ups. It is what I use and it was given to me by the great folks at VP-asp.

Funny though, you looked "forever" and couldnt find what you wanted.
The good thing about this software besides only being 300 bucks, is that you can make it ANYTHING you want it to be. I looked at all kinds of carts and this one is the only one that me as an amature could modify into what I needed it to be. There is no better and the price is extremely cheap for what you get.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 15 2005 :  03:37:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

First of all thank you for everyones kind words. We do appreciate it greatly.

Mdpenterprises, if you could shoot us a request to our help desk and include your order number and the email address used when ordering we will send you the brand new UPS Tools real time shipping calclauor and order tracking module.

We have just received offical certification from UPS that we are now a partner of UPS and we can distribute with our software the new UPS Tools integration which is much more powerful than our old UPS Real Time add-on.

Thank you
VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

magicbratt
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - November 20 2005 :  10:21:25  Show Profile  Visit magicbratt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this going to be available for FedEx also?

Thank you,

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 10 2005 :  20:58:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We already have a real-time fedex shipping module available.

This can be downloaded from:

http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10

Thank you
VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

alexe
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - January 02 2006 :  19:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought vp.asp and as a current owner of a $1200 software called Storefront I can gurantee you
1. vpasp has more functionality than most carts
2. has better support all around

All ecommerce products will have bugs especially with new releases but the folks at vpasp have been incredibly responsive. I think after looking at all the other options by far the best. I think they could cut down on their support with newbies like me if they had a better
documentation all in one pdf
Go to Top of Page

OceanArtwork
Starting Member

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - January 03 2006 :  13:06:33  Show Profile  Visit OceanArtwork's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I think they could cut down on their support with newbies like me if they had a better
documentation all in one pdf"

I agree a pdf file would be great for version 6
The online help is OK,the help in the shop admin is great and the forum is sensational
But with version 5.5 I printed out a copy of the developers guides and was able to make specific notes on the pages .
After posting that......... Ive got to agree with the other posts here that VPASP is by far the best value, most comprehensive shopping cart around with the best support
All the best for the festive season
OceanArtwork
Go to Top of Page

robtheailean
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - January 03 2006 :  19:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had VPASP since version 4 and have to say it has always compared well to products costing up to 3 times as much.
As to support, I have had replies (often!) from Radic and other team members anything up to midnight; sometimes later. I must admit, I know of no other software product of any stripe, that provides support like that.
Here's hoping Rocksalt have a strong support focus...

The forum is another good point, so many people seem happy to offer help, advice and even code. I have no regrets upgrading. (again, groan )
Go to Top of Page

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - January 18 2007 :  13:41:39  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agree. Lads (possibly lasses) at support were BRILLIANT when it came to developing and testing the HSBC addon. It was a real team effort between them and me and yes VPASP is very adaptable. Mine is so hacked around from the original now but jeesh it does just about everything. When it doesn't, other users or support usually come up with a simple solution.

Every so often someone will pop up and post a comment saying its this or that without actually giving it a chance. The fact is, VP-ASP fits around YOU not the other way around like so many 'magical' solutions out there. If you want it to look like 'Uncle Joes Cheap Hardware Store' - it'll do that. Equally if you want it to look like the front windows of Harrods, it'll do that too.
Go to Top of Page

newbycartuser
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - February 16 2007 :  00:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ONLY thing I don't like about VP-ASP is the fact that they don't have a printable manual like they used to with version 5.5.
A good manual with a decent table of contents, a good index and a list of the asp files where certain things can be changed, and a reverse version of it.
Sometimes, there is no time to find it online.... and sometimes it can't find it online. There should be instructions on how to add and remove an item.
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 16 2007 :  00:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard they are bringing printable manual back for v650
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic