Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 minimum advertised price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

octapc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  02:35:13  Show Profile  Visit octapc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In this scenario the advertised price is seen by all surfers of the web site, however, when you click on the buy button the true price is displayed and the shopping cart should reflect this true price. I note quite a few people are looking at discounts but I would need discounting for individual items not en-mass. Is this possible? It is a means to overcome Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) set by the manufacturers.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  05:05:22  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you store the advertised (higher) price in your product's "retailprice" column, and your discounted price in "cprice", then
change your product templates to use [formatcurrency retailprice] instead of [formatcurrency cprice], then it'll do what you're after.

And delete any reference to: FORMATSAVING in your templates.

(I've just looked this up, and I can confirm that it is that way round)

A slightly nicer way of doing it would be to create an extra template field which would check if there's a retailprice and then show either the retailprice or the cprice depending on whether a retailprice has been set.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 27 2005 05:27:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000