Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 problem with left navigation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 23 2005 :  19:53:04  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have set up a left navigation table on the site, http://www.gearforhealth.com. However, the main table is below the left navigation. I obviously have a setting wrong somewhere, but I cannot find it. I made the left column smaller so I don't believe space is the issue. Can anyone help here?

www.gizmocreations.com

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 23 2005 :  20:42:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's because the form tags are inside a td definition. This problem only happens with internet explorer (it's ok on netscape).

if you put a form tag inside an html column, eg:
<td>
<form....
field
</form>
</td>

then it'll create spurious whitespace.

the only way round that is to move the form tags so that they're outside the td definition

eg:
<tr>
<form....
<td>
field
</td>
</form>
</tr>

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 23 2005 20:43:08
Go to Top of Page

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 23 2005 :  21:34:10  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I check things in Explorer and Firefox and the problem is also in Firefox. I tried moving the tags, but that had no effect. Is there another way to put on the left navigation?

www.gizmocreations.com
Go to Top of Page

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 23 2005 :  21:49:50  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I look at things some more, I don't thinkt he shopping cart will allow me to do what I want. I have extra pages on the site and wanted those to be along the left hand side - as they are on the home page. However, it will not let me put that information there and still keep a nice looking site. So I have removed them for now and sent vp-asp the question to see if it is possible.

www.gizmocreations.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 24 2005 :  06:27:07  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aha; sorry; I was on the wrong track; I thought you were talking about the extra/spurious vertical space which is showing up below the top panel's category poplist and search form.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)