VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Dedicated Server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - September 17 2005 :  19:28:44  Show Profile  Visit june5748's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to run VPASP in Dedicated Server. I uploaded all the file and used SQL for database. Everything works fine. However I can access site with IP address for dedicated server, but I am having trouble where I need set Namer Server. I can access my site with domain.com, but not with prefix www (eg. www.domain.com). Site won't open with www prefix. It seems like I set right setting for forwarding domain in server. Is there propgating time for dedicated server too? Any idea? sigh.

4263 Posts

Posted - September 18 2005 :  05:38:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear june5748,

Unfortunately this is an issue you will have to raise with your web host.

Thank you

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
1898 Posts

Posted - September 18 2005 :  06:13:14  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as per support's reply, it's a hosting/dns issue rather than a cart issue.

From what I can remember of the various dns transfers that I've seen in the past, there is a delay between the www and the non-www propagation. It'll catch up in the end, but there does seem to be a delay usually. Sometimes it'll take quite a few days for one of the areas to catch up.

And if the server/dns settings aren't right then sometimes it doesn't propogate the relevant bit at all (some sites simply don't have a non-www domain when you try to load them on a browser, but they do have a www domain).

Simon Barnaby
[email protected]
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000