Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 More room for features
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 15 2005 :  13:14:08  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our products have a lot of features, sizes, with pillow cases, colors, etc. I have found out that my product features table is full. Does anyone know what setting I need to change to expand this table to hold more features?

www.gizmocreations.com

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - September 15 2005 :  20:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dssquirt,

Out of interest, how many rows are we talking about?
Are there any duplicate items that you can clear out.

I had a vague notion that too many features would slow the site down, is this the case here also?

I saw mention somewhere on this forum that the new version6 had some enchancement planned for this area, where the feature could be a item number? Perhaps follow that through with them.

As to if the table is full, access itself has no limitation on the number of records (rows) in a table. It does however have a 1Gig database size limit.

Where are you seeing this limit or restriction? Perhaps it is a case that the ASP has a limitation in the dataset?

On last thought, can you add to the table directly in access???

See what you can find out and I might be able to look further...

rustytec

Russ
Developer
Go to Top of Page

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 16 2005 :  07:40:50  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Russ. I am trying to reduce the amount of features. The bad thing is there are different charges for sizes, adding support pads, etc. I think we are up to 100 features and that is not a good thing. I am going to combine what I can and tell the store owner we need to simplify things or it will slow the system down.

I have not opened the database in access yet. I will give that a try.

www.gizmocreations.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00