Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 About image upload
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leelin
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - September 13 2005 :  06:55:11  Show Profile  Visit leelin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For new products added up, there is no upload buttons shown the administration, how can I upload photos? Thanks.

Should I upload all the photos to my website with FTP first?

[img]http://www.sohutea.com/img.jpg[/img]

But when to Edit product information, there is buttons to upload images, could you please kindly advise?

[img]http://www.sohutea.com/img1.jpg[/img]

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 15 2005 :  13:11:58  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. I had the same question too. You apparently have to add the product first and then go back and upload the image. That is just the way this shopping cart works. In a way it makes sense, there is nothing to add a picture to if the product is not in the database first.
Hope this helps.

www.gizmocreations.com
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - September 15 2005 :  17:04:01  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
one problem I have on my 4.5 cart is that when you upload the imnage you get \ <--- in the name path. THis works fine for explorer but does not work on netscape. I have to maually go into the database and search and replace \ with / in the image field. Anyone else see this problem? THe only reason I found it was looking at 404 errors in my web logs.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  09:38:37  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The following fix should solve your problem, apswater.

Locate the following line in shopa_uploadfile.asp
fullname=mydirectory & "\" & filename

Change it to
fullname=mydirectory & "/" & filename

Please note that this has not been fully tested, but should work.

Regards,

VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  10:51:12  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks.. I saw that yesterday but there were 2 "\" and I hadnt had time to fugure out which one I needed to fix. You just saved me time...

THanks as always

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 29 2005 :  08:15:24  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new release will allow for the uplading of images for new products during the add process without losing any product details.

Thank you

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Sales Director

Edited by - support on September 29 2005 08:15:40
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - September 29 2005 :  09:07:48  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that will be nice!

Go to Top of Page

davidsmith
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - December 20 2005 :  13:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have upgraded to the new version with the latest update and there still is no way of uploading images. Is there a configuration or something that is missing someplace?
Go to Top of Page

portion
VP-CART New User

86 Posts

Posted - December 20 2005 :  13:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
xupload
Yes allows images to be uploaded. Requires the Option Package

xuploaddirectory
A directory with correct write permissions where images are uploaded
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic