Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 personalized greeting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwalz
VP-CART New User

USA
82 Posts

Posted - August 29 2005 :  14:40:17  Show Profile  Visit bwalz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am looking at creating a site that will not sell to the general public so the users have to login to see the store. The client wants it personalized when they login. For example putting a message such as:

"Welcome back mike from Such and Such Company"

Any one know how to pull this off?

Thanks

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 30 2005 :  09:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi bwalz,

I wanted to do the same thing a few days ago. I'm not sure if there is any better way, but I found the following worked for me:

1. edit shopcustadminlogin.asp (about line #32) ....
 If GetSess("Customerid")<>"" and Getsess("Lastname") <>"" then
If getsess("Customerlogincid")="" then
SetSess "CustomerLoginCID",Getsess("Customerid")
msg=getlang("langLoginSuccessful") & " " & Getsess("firstname") & " " & Getsess("lastname") 'RW-29.08.2005 ~ added welcome personalisation
else
msg=getlang("langCustAlreadyloggedIn")
end if
responseredirect "shopcustadmin.asp?msg=" & server.urlencode(msg)
end if

See where the msg gets formatted. I added to this with the customers firstname and lastname. There are many other session variables that you can use (these are available when the customer logs in). A list can also be seen with diag_sessionlist.asp.

2. In addition to this, you need to edit the languages table. Find the keyword "langloginsuccessful" and you edit the caption to what ever you like to preface the customers names above. i.e "Login successful, Welcome back, ".

As the languages are loaded at VP-ASP's initialisation, I found it necessary to re-start your pc for them to reload.

I hope this helps..

rustytec

Russ
Developer
Go to Top of Page

LAZZE
Starting Member

Sweden
18 Posts

Posted - January 12 2006 :  04:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok this works fine!

but when the customers are autmatically logged in via cookie they dont end up here. the end up on default.asp.

so I added most of it on the default.asp as well, in the <h1> welcome title. works fine, thanks,

Lars
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00