Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 shipping not being charged...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - August 26 2005 :  21:27:16  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So today I decide I'm going to test out the xshippingfreeproducts feature, I set at item up as YES for free shipping changed my shop configuation to say 'yes under xshippingfreeproducts' only now it charges no shipping at all on ANY orders.
I changed the setting back to NO for xshippingfreeproducts and still no shipping is being charged on the site (plus I did remember to reload the shop configuration)..

My setting are as follows (windows vp-asp 5.5):
xdefaultshippingmethod=No
xdeliveryshipping=no
xfixedshippingcost 0
xfisxedshippingmethod (blank)
xmerchantshipzip 60440
xhsippingalternate Lookup
xshippingbycountry No
xshippingcalc lookup
xshippingdatabaserecords Yes
xshippingform yes
xshippingfree (blank)
xshippingfreeproducts No
xshippingothercaptions (blank)
xshippingotherfields (blank)
xshippingotherrequired (blank)
xshippingselection yes
xshippingsetfields yes

-----------------------------
I searched to see if anyone else had ever had this problem, and sure enough someone else did - but no one ever replied.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm dreading the orders from GERMANY & ENGLAND I'll get tonight with no shipping charges..

thanks

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com

--John Robinson
http://www.GrahamCrackers.com

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - August 28 2005 :  06:14:12  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If ANYONE can give me any suggestions to try, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I've poured over the manual reaptedly and posted my currenty settings in the post above and CAN NOT find anything wrong.
I even went and started changing (after printing out my current settings) settings WRONG to see if the Lookup S&H would return (to no avail).
All I have been able to do is set a 'flat' s&h rate so I've at least stopped losing money on US shipments (though international loses me a minimum of $4.00 per order because of this).

Perhaps I'm forgetting a setting that's not in the SHOP CONFIG/SHIPPING section?

anyone?

thanks!

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - August 29 2005 :  06:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using a different shipping method (UPS realtime) but other than that my settings match those that you gave. I have one product I set as free shipping, have the xshippingfreeproducts set to Yes and that's all I had to do. Perhaps make sure all your other products are set to No for free shipping.

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - August 30 2005 :  17:07:52  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Support helped me figure out the problem.
While messing around with trying to get 'FREE SHIPPING' to work (on product selected YES free shipping, I somehow ZEROed out the smprice on the SHIPPING values (SHIPPING from main ADMIN page) to ZERO.

The had all been set to individual values, and I have no idea how I 'BLANKET ZEROed' them all out, but somehow I did.

I put my settings back to the way I wanted and re-typed the smprice values and shipping once again appears and works properly.

Hope this ends up being of some help to someone in the future.

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00