Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Bypass cart page - using minicart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bfbass
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - August 22 2005 :  08:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using the minicart in a frameset, so that it is persistent to the user.
When I use the code to add to cart
shopaddtocart.asp?productid=1&quantity=1
It automatically shows the cart page, whcih is unnecessary due to using the minicart in a separate frame.
How do i bypass sowing the cart page, and allow the user to stay on the product page?

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - August 22 2005 :  11:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't tried it but try setting the configuration variable xproductstayonpage to Yes.

Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - August 23 2005 :  04:20:15  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried this & it works fine

Go to Top of Page

bfbass
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - August 26 2005 :  00:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fund out, that if you are using the code I specified, it does not work. In otherwords, I had an existing html page that I set the href properties to add to the cart page. If I had used the existing product page in VPASP, it worked fine.
BUT, in coding it as an href, which the developer's guide says you can do, the productstayonpage does not work. A developer form VPASP broke the news to me.
However after analyzing the code in shopaddtocart for a few minutes, I found a way to do this by passing a value in the url, and when finished adding the product to the cart array, I go back to my product page that I cam from.
I then added an if statement to shopaddtocart to only go back to the prodcut page if I was adding something to the cart. Otherwise I would never show the cart and allow to check out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00