Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can''t add products or categories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 19 2005 :  15:40:49  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have just started using this shopping cart. For the most part I am still in a testing mode. I have added a new categor and new test product but they do not how up on the shopping page. They do show up in the admin section when I look at the categories page and the products page. Is there something I need to do to get new products and categories to show up?

Thanks.

www.gizmocreations.com

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 19 2005 :  16:33:56  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Make sure you've got a non-zero/non-blank stock level on the product if you're using stock control.

Also, vpasp by default has several different default pages (default.htm, default.asp), and they're slightly different; the asp file will show proper products from the database, whereas default.htm has hard-coded products in it and so will only ever show the demo products. Normally you'd delete default.htm so that default.asp would appear instead as the default page (and change the xhome config option from default.htm to default.asp)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)