Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Quick Add Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lcaseydc
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - May 31 2002 :  09:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be excellent if a user could goto the order screen and add products based on mfg number or vpasp number.

That way if a user knows what they want its really easy to create an order. They dont have to browse all the catagories over and over.

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - February 14 2003 :  16:23:36  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, they could do a search... But, what if they want to add 15 products at once? What if the customer knows which 15 items they want from printed literature? Then they could go to the website, enter all 15 items, click submit and it goes to basket.

Stephen Page
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - February 14 2003 :  21:07:36  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that means his on-line and/or off-line business is brisk. Congratulations if he can make it just like the scenario that Stephen's just described. Now, it's up to the programmer to judge the cost and benefit of including this feature in. I hope that VP-ASP would have more things for the "just-in-case" scenario, but i'm not deciding. :-)

Patrick
[email protected]

Edited by - patrickong on February 14 2003 21:10:26

Edited by - patrickong on February 14 2003 21:11:15
Go to Top of Page

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - February 15 2003 :  22:02:14  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've basically wrote a form that does a submit to search. Enter upto 15 items, it write's to a texfile, then the search function reads the textfile into a array, and loops through the search, returning each item that it finds (instead of adding to basket) - Then the customer, just selects all the items, then adds to basket. Hey, its a way around it and it works. And, I have a text file of each "advanced" search, so I can go back and see what each person searched on (have it saving by IP address and time), so I can then compare to the log file (in case some of the items were not in my database)... Cool, huh? Not posting code, though... It's kinda complicated and outside the source of VP-ASP. Not bad for a rookie programmer, with no "textbook" knowledge, huh? :)

Stephen Page
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

rksymons
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - February 17 2003 :  04:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

the cost and benefit of including this feature in. I hope that VP-ASP would have more things for the "just-in-case" scenario, but i'm not deciding. :-)

VP-ASP was the cart I chose precisely because it does have so many "just in case" fetures.

The customer I am working with now has a long established mail-order business and a "quick order page" was near the top of their wish list. It makes lots of sense, especially for B2B sites where dealers will be palcing their orders online.

rks

Go to Top of Page

lcaseydc
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - March 18 2003 :  23:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pymalion ... Yes not bad if it is true and works....:)

Go to Top of Page

dhs
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 21 2003 :  10:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The solution that Stephen came up with is one reason I am looking for a new cart for the company I work for.

I had proposed an extremely similar idea to my current cart's programmer as a simpler solution compared to a custom 'quick-order' function. More of a quick multiple item search of the product code field(s). He never understood the why of the idea, and never offered a suitable solution. So - I think it is a great idea, and am glad to see others have it too :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00