Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can''t see all info in order Payment information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 26 2005 :  12:05:00  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like someone else already told you.. they probably didnt enter the card number because you are not secure!

You cant get a CVN authorization number if you dont have a CC processor! Time to give it up... you need professional help. It doesnt sound like youhave the skills needed to set up such a flexible cart. Maybe you should try an e-bay store!

Go to Top of Page

revrat
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - August 26 2005 :  12:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow.

If you do not want to set up SSL and tighten things up and you do not want your customers calling you with the card info you should at a minimum do what I did. I can process orders through linkpoint manually. I simply have my customers do a one time signup where they either fax or e-mail me (multiple e-mails) their info. I keep the info in a paper file and when they checkout they can select "Credit card on File" For the customer it really streamlines the process and that makes for more sales and repeat business.

For international customers I require them to send me a scan of the front and back of their card as well as a photo ID.

quote:

Hi all, I want to thank you for your quick reply and would like you to consider a little bit more my problem please as I have many customers awaiting for they order to be charged and shipped..

My problem is still the same. Once I click the Order link, then I click View on some orders, I can't see all the required information in the "Payment Information" section of the page. All I can see from the "Payment Information" section is the FREE Samples! that the customer chose and the CVN authorization number.If I go in Edit order, I see can view everything except the cardnumber (ocardno). I would need the complete payment information to be shown (including card number) so I can charge the card and complete the order with my customer! how may I fix this ?? I remember Linkpoint having offered me for so services I did not complete the process with then, thinkin it was scam but when I go into "Edit order" (where I miss ocardno), I can see Linkpoint as my customer's ocardtype. Is this the reason why I can't view the cc number ? please help me asap!!

Please be helpfull It's urging and I need help quick!
Thanks to all of you!

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 26 2005 :  20:12:15  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, all

I did a test and saying that my customers doesnt enter their creditcard is false. When I did a test order, I entered my own credit card information, then I go see into my edit order page in my shoppingcart administration, the Payment information field is still empty except the cvn which is shown

what is the problem? is there any way to get my complete customer's payment information to be shown in the "Payment information" field when I go administrate my shopping cart??

please tell me how to fix this.

Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  06:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are you not getting help from VPASP support with this?

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  08:55:39  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love it that you put you own credit card numbers in.... can you guess how long it will take a hacker to grab it?

Why dont you grab the instruction book and set it up like it tells you too!

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  11:57:23  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why are you not getting help from VPASP support with this?

I think you'r right because no one here seems to be helpfull but only furious about me not being able to fix my problem
Thanks.

To apswater:
You seems not to understand my problem at all...
No one can view my credit card information, not even me, administrator. the "payment information" field is empty so how come any hacker would be able to get it.
Plus, I told you earlier that I set up ssl security feature.
Why are you so unhelful and sad with it.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  14:13:17  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Because your site is not secure. When you entered the CC info is was broadcast on the internet for any hacker to grab. Get yourself a gateway it is FREE!

I am starting to think you are a fisher. Have you set up a site simply to grab credit cards? What is the address of your site? I cant think of any other reason for refusing to make it secure.

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  16:07:39  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what is a gateway and what exactly will it do ???

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  16:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is a Payment Gateway? Here's your answer.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp_epsystems.htm

Go to Top of Page

calliope
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  18:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ionnet-
You must do your homework first and then you'll see how helpful people on this thread can be.

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 27 2005 :  18:53:09  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An electronic gateway is a company that validates credit card information in real time. This means they can normally catch stolen or invalid cards. A few days after the payment is made it is directly deposited into your nominated bank account.

Great thanks for the link.
I now understand what a gateway is. Damn I won't have my bank to tell me that some of my orders are not valid anymore since the gateway will validate the information instantly.

Does this still mean that I won't be able to view/edit the Payment Information" field in the order page of my shopping cart administration ?
I ask because If I ever happen to have a problem I'd like to have my customer's payment information to do an enhanced verification prior to support them with their order.

Please reply as soon as you can.
Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 28 2005 :  00:48:56  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what is your web address?

Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - August 28 2005 :  08:05:40  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it is http://www.ionnet.com

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 28 2005 :  23:34:28  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That site seems set up fine.. and has ssl... something sounds fishy to me.

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 29 2005 :  12:18:55  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this guy is a hacker (a very amature one)becasue the site we think is his is set up like you would expect. He also has not provided us with a url for the site he claims isnt working. I wish I had his IP so I could track him. The tech service boys might want to look into it further. He probably found a site where the sql injection works and can get into admin, but doesnt understand what he is looking at.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00