I have found a small bug that i am hoping others have run into and can post a fix. Search function doesnt clear session state after a search is performed and using the browser back button. Here is the steps to reproduce the bug.
1. Click on a category that has more than 1 page of products ( i.e. 20 products in a category and max display of records is 10 which causes the next/previous or [ 1 2 3 ] paging links to be displayed at the bottom of the page )
2. Type in a search query into the quick search box and not the actual shopsearch.asp page ( i.e. The exampled quick search function on the index.html page
<form action="shopsearch.asp?search=Yes" method="post" id="form3" name="form3"> )
<td bgcolor="#D6E7EF" valign="top" align="center" class="small-black-text">
<input type="text" name="keyword" class="textboxsm">
<input src="vpnav_search.gif" type="image" border="0" name="B1" CLASS="submit-text" align="absmiddle">
3. Click on any of the returned results. And then the Extended Description page of that product.
4. Click the browser back button twice to return to the product category you initially clicked on in step 1
5 Click on any of the paging navigation links at the bottom of the page ( i.e. The Next/Previous botton on one of the [ 1 2 3 ] paging links )
6. bug occurs here... it will return an error saying "No products match your search."
Also if your search returns more than 1 page of results from your search query. The session state is carried over when you go back to the product list using the browser back button. If you then click on one of the paging links ( for example the number 2 or the next button ) it will take you to the second page of your search query and not the second page of product listings for that category.
I hope I explained that well enough for people to reproduce it. If anyone has a fix for it please let me know.
Edited by - Kamin on August 17 2005 10:13:32