Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 General Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dyna
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 12 2005 :  23:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I would like some general advice on following questions:
a. How do you get rid of the 2 buttons - Order Selected Product
and Reset from product displays

b. In product displays how do you control alignment of the category heading

c. I am displaying multiple columns in a page. How do you control the total no of products to display and the how do you control alignmnet of the page number display

d. I have got 2 pricing for my products -
1 set in cprice and 1 set in pother4 which would be the price for certain cusomers who have a certain value set in customer table field custother1.
When displaying product thumbnails I would like to show cprice as default price always but also be able to show pother4 price only if that customer is logged in. But I would not want to show anything if the customer is not logged in. Is this possible.

Would appreciate any help.

Regards
Hemant

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - October 21 2005 :  21:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hemant-

Wow, lots of questions! I can answer some of them for you:

a. set xproductselect = no in the shop administration configuration

b. I'm not sure which heading you are referring to. This will probably be done in your HTML heading (assuming you have one) or in shop$colors.asp. It can be challenging to find the correct item in shop$colors.asp. For me, this often requires going through the ASP code to find which shop$colors variable applies for the item I'm trying to adjust.

c. for the number of columns of products to display, set xproductcolumns= the number of columns you desire.
for the number of columns of subcategories to display (if using subcategories) set xcatmaxcolumns= the number you want. Alignment is affected by the product template, and shop$colors.asp.

d. This sounds like "customer based pricing" but I don't know as I don't use that feature. Look in the developer's guide documentation for this info.

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - October 24 2005 :  07:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
d. Yes, this is customer based pricing that is described in the doc. I have it working on one site for wholesalers that get a different price when logged in, but I'm not aware of a way to still list both prices. This may require customization to accomplish what you want.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00