Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Pmt Type "Account"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 09 2005 :  06:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Firstly let me say that I am really enjoying working with the VP-ASP system. This is my first attempt at an online store. This is also my first post here....

I am building an online store, we we hope to have casual shoppers and regular 'trade' customers. I will set up predefined customers for each trade customer and set their own buying pricing structure.

The question is, I want to have several pmt types, i.e. cc, dd, chq etc, but only these 'approved' customers are not required to pay, they are in effect only placing an order, which will be invoiced by the backend accounting system in due time when the goods are ready to send.

So I would like that a pmt type 'Account' or similar be available for only these customers. How would I best go about this, I cannot find any reference in the manuals or forum.

Please kindly assist me.......

Russ Warton
Developer
[email protected]
http://www.computerking.biz

Edited by - rustytec on August 09 2005 07:23:04

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - August 09 2005 :  13:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello rustytec,

Enable, "allow other payment" and on the other payment field type in "account". This should not require them to send any financial data.

Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 09 2005 :  16:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello rustytec,

Enable, "allow other payment" and on the other payment field type in "account". This should not require them to send any financial data.

thanks Keng for your reply,

Yes I had thought of that, but that would allow any shopper to order and not pay. I only want the 'trade' accounts to be able to put things on 'account'. I thought perhaps setting a global variable that went to true when the 'trade' customer signed in, using a field in the customer table to indicate 'trade account'.
But not exactly sure of the logic in heading there......

Any ideas anyone ?

many thanks

rustytec

Russ Warton
Developer
[email protected]
http://www.computerking.biz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: