Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Order Tracking Message problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - July 30 2005 :  14:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

How come that when I go to orders --> select an order --> track --> type a message for the "Order Tracking" --> click continue, it works and sends a message to my customer *BUT* when I send a tracking message, select one from the drop down Order status "shipped, backorder, waiting for payment" then click continue, it doesn't send email to my customers.

What am I missing? Pls. Help?

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - July 30 2005 :  21:44:16  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this is by design and the cart is working ok. To send a message to the customer you have to type your message in the message box and click the first continue button to send a message. I don't think e-mails get sent when changing the status of the orders. To me I think it should, so you can keep an accurate log of the order status without having to type a separate message. I am sure VP-ASP has thier reasons for this, but it is unknown to me.

I did contract out a tracking mod from a third party. Part of the mod was to add shipment tracking in realtime (UPS, Fedex, Dhl etc) and another part of the mod was to have the ability e-mail the customer when the order status changed. I think thier plan was to have a preset list of comments for each order status that would populate the message field automatically. Unfortunately, this mod never did get finished.

Maybe support has some more feedback on this?

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - August 01 2005 :  23:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bump! Thanks BMW00! Any other input out there?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00