Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 linking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stuartismygod
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - July 26 2005 :  16:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I feel like a twit asking this...but...

I have a cart with just 20 products and one category...

I want to link from my home page to my products without going through the category page. I figured that a link to 'shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=2' would work - changing the page numbers, of course. However, unless I go to 'shopdisplaycategories.asp' first, it presents an error and asks me to start shopping again.

Note: I can get to my products but only one at a time using 'shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=2 (or whatever the cat id is for that product) however, that goes directly to the product in question and present 'Pg 1 of 1' instead of page 1 of 20.

what I want is to go to the product and then be able to use the back and continue buttons just like I can when i shop my products by going through the catagories page first.

Am I mad? Have I confused everyone completely? Can anyone suggest the proper link to get my products showing?!

THANKS!!!

Stuart

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - July 26 2005 :  18:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same situation on one website, not many products and one catagory. I just link to shopdisplayproducts.asp and that's it to display the entire catalog. Have you tried it without adding page parameters?

Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - July 26 2005 :  23:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to shopcategorylist.asp, which is included in VPASP but is not part of the cart (type it into your URL). Your one category will appear on the list.

Click on the link, then copy/paste the URL into your home page html link.

Not sure the above is what you meant, as it is basically what you have already done, but a bit differently.

You could also use shopquery.asp as in:
/shopquery.asp?template=tmp_shopquery.htm
(I use a template for results, it's optional though)
The above will list all products and include page numbers.

Hope something in the above proves to be of help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00