Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Adding Minicart to existing web site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acorncomputers
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - July 22 2005 :  15:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have added VP-ASP to an existing website built using ASP. I would like to use the minicart. Is this possible? If so what code do I need to add to my pages to display the minicart? Thank you for your help

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 23 2005 :  02:58:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are 2 formats you can use, and you just need to add the corresponding function name to wherever you want to show it (ie in shoppage_header.htm or shoppage_trailer.htm if it's a vpasp asp file, or wherever you want if it's not a vpasp file)

1) Big - add this inside your header or trailer file (or inside your main content if it's not a vpasp file) -
<% NavigateShowMiniCart "" %>

2) Small - add this inside your header or trailer file (or inside your main content if it's not a vpasp file) -
<% NavigateShowMiniCart "SHORT" %>

The colours/fonts etc are all set in shop$colors.asp in the Mini* settings.

If you want to tweak the logic/format, then it's in shopproductsubs.asp (just do a search for "Sub NavigateShowMiniCart" in there and you'll spot it)

If your asp is not a vpasp one, then just add this to the top line of your asp:
<!-- #include file="shop$db.asp" -->

(although if it is a non-vpasp file, then you'll need to ensure that it doesn't have a adovbs file included, as those values are already inside shop$db.asp)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on July 23 2005 03:07:12
Go to Top of Page

acorncomputers
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - August 09 2005 :  15:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon - thank you for your advice. I tried your suggestion but it did not work. I do use adovbs at the root so I tried eliminating the call to that in shop$db to no avail. Given the fact that adovbs is on the root level (and needs to be there) how can I add the minicart?

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 16 2005 :  07:19:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd do it the other way around I think; eliminate the adovbs include from the non-vpasp files and add shop$db.asp to the includes on those non-vpasp files. It'd have to be at the very top of the non-vpasp files, and you'll need to ensure that things like response.buffer and option explicit (if done) are coded above that and not re-iterated.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)