Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 $ doesn''t hide lines in template
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tyssen
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - June 29 2005 :  00:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Tyssen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My understanding was that $ in a template meant that line would not be shown if the record being called contained no data but when I use it, the line still shows regardless of whether the record has a value or not and it prints '$' at the beginning of the line.
Is there some other setting that controls the use of this function within VPASP?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 29 2005 :  05:34:45  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure which version of vpasp it started to appear in.
you need to make sure that the $ is the very first character on that line, and that the field and its associated html is all on the same physical line (using notepad rather than wordpad to edit the template as wordpad uses different newline logic)

It should work without having to turn any config options on/off.

It'll also only work properly if there's just one template-field on that line.

eg:
$ [extendeddesc]<br>[pother1]<br>

won't work properly, but:
$ [extendeddesc]<br>
$ [pother1]<br>
would work properly

It also won't work with some special template fields such as [ADD_CROSSSELING] as they do straight-forward prints rather than constructing the html into a variable.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Tyssen
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - June 29 2005 :  16:21:49  Show Profile  Visit Tyssen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

You need to make sure that the $ is the very first character on that line

That's where my problem was - I'd indented the lines with the $. Thanks for sorting yet another problem out for me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00