Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 FTP SSL Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

americasgate
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - June 09 2005 :  15:23:25  Show Profile  Visit americasgate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have added a SSL certificate to a domain, setting the xssl shop config variable to https://thedomain.com/shopping. Once added, I cannot add new products or FTP into the domain. I undid the certificate and can add products again, but the FTP is still not working. I get a message "the home directory is inaccessible." Any suggestions?

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 09 2005 :  17:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you copy all the required files to the secure server?

I had a similar problem, then did what I usually do. . . guess.

I moved copies of shop$colors / shop$config / shopcheckout / shopcreateorder / sslshopcheckout / sslshophash / sslshopsess -- to my encrypted directory. If you make any changes in administration that affect these files, the effect will not take place. You need to go in and change the ssl files with an editor, because any admin changes you make will only work for those files in the same directory, i.e., not the files residing in the SSL directory.

Everything works. Don't really know how or why, but it does.

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - June 09 2005 :  19:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a good question for your hosting provider, assuming you are using one. In general, I don't think the SSL should affect FTP, but its possible that the hosts scripts for setting up SSL changed permissions or something similar. They'll need to check the permissions on your home directory, and they'll know best what else to check.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00