Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Multiple Download Files per Product (with labels)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 30 2005 :  09:58:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're using download files for your products, you'll know that you can only have 1 file per product. You'll also know that it assumes that all your download files are in the same directory as your vpasp site (ie not in a secure, non-browsable area).

We've created an addon which allows you to use as many files per product as you want, and also displays them on the user's link screen with labels/text (and in the order) that you want to specify.

It also uses a new config option so you can specify where your source files are and hold them outside the browsable area.

At the moment we've only proved this with Windows/Access. If anyone wants this on sqlserver, then the first person to contact me asking for that will get a free installation and tweaks to get it proved on sqlserver too:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=100

PLEASE NOTE: Only supported/relevant to secure downloads; we don't support this for non-secure downloads.

Updated: 12-OCT-2005: It's now been proved for MySQL too. If anyone wants it for sqlserver, email me and we'll do a free installation for the first taker as part of the finalisation process.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 11 2005 17:46:41

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - February 07 2006 :  12:13:19  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When will this be updated to work with version 6.0?
Although I really am enjoying playing with the demo of vpasp and really like with I see, purchasing it completely depends on whether or not I'm able to have multiple downloads per product. This is a requirement for our store regardless of which shopping cart we choose.

Lianne

www.threescrapateers.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 10 2006 :  03:00:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
should be ready for v6 within the next couple of weeks (it's one of the few addons which we specifically need to change for v6; the others just need minor changes to the readme documentation for the installation process, whereas the multiple-file addon needs to be changed to allow for the new v6 email download links)

there's a subtle but important difference between feature-downloads (standard with vpasp) and our addon. You can have multiple-file downloads with vpasp if you use features, but if features doesn't apply to your product then our addon would be what you're after.

so, if in doubt, just raise a support ticket on our system explaining what your file/product structure/data is and we'll let you know if you could/should use standard vpasp feature-downloads, or our multiple-file addon.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

schitz011
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - March 13 2006 :  01:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are looking at having multiple downloads per product (our product comes in three different sizes (low res, med res, and high res - they are images) how does one acheive this using features? You mentioned it on one of the posts...
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 13 2006 :  10:39:30  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think our file-download addon would be suited to what you're after; it's more for things like where you have your files split into lots of sub-files (eg if they're too big so you offer them as split-down/separate files, or where you sell something like a batch of font files or a batch of images etc)

I think vpasp feature-downloads is best for what you're after, so I think all you'd need to do is get that vbscript error corrected.

note: it looks like there's a minor bug in the latest version of vpasp for feature-downloads:

all you need to do is edit shopdownload.asp, and change:

dconn

to

dconnflag

(there's only one instance of "dconn" on its own in that file, and it's just after this line:

fsql="select * from prodfeatures where id=" & features(i)

)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 29 2006 :  17:40:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
our multiple-download-files-per-product addon is now compatible with v6:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=100

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: